What's new

Harry Potter 5 (Order of the Phoenix) begins shooting this Jan??? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I was at www.aint-it-cool-news.com and they reported about an actress who will play Dolores Umbridge has been cast. And that filming begins this Jan. When was this film announced?? Or is this bull?

Thanks!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
David Yates has been on pre-production for months now. Radcliffe is confirmed as being about for Movie 5. Those were the only real details we've had, but the wheels have definitely been turning for a while now. In my opinion, Imelda Staunton is a GREAT choice for Umbridge. Just looking at her smug face makes me want to punch her.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully we'll hear about the rest of the kids signing on. I mean, there's only 3 more movies to go and it would be a real shame to have to re-cast.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I was kind of hoping for Judi Dench, but Imelda Staunton will be good too. As long as the movie keeps Neville's expanded role and doesn't screw up the ending, I'll be happy.

clayton b

Stunt Coordinator
I too am holding out hope for Judi Dench to play Umbridge, just like I held out hope that Ian Mckellen would play Barty Crouch Sr. But I'm sure it will work out whoever they get.

I'm more worried about their choice of director. Yates is fairly unproven, I hope he can handle the material as OotP is my favourite entry into the series thus far.

DanR

Supporting Actor
Yes, they better make sure they sign the kids for their roles through Part 7. I hate when films in a series have to be recast.

Regards,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks