What's new

Harry Goz, Voice of Capt. Murphy on Sealab 2021 RIP (1 Viewer)

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I just heard this sad news:
Harry Goz, the voice of Captain Murphy, passed away this week. A message from Adam Reed and Matt Thompson, co-creators of "Sealab 2021," follows:

"We are devastated by the loss of our good friend, Harry Goz. Working with him was always sheer joy, and his talent was beyond compare. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, and we shall all miss him dearly."
A great voice that perfectly fit a great character. He'll be missed.

Lowell_B

Second Unit
:frowning: Sad news.

I've only seen a couple episodes of Sealab (I'm trying to rectify that though, great show), and Capt. Murphy is definately one of the high points.

RIP Mr. Goz.

Lowell

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I just found out about this watching Cartoon Network. Sad news, indeed. Anyoen know what they're doing with the show?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Damn. This hasn't been a good week to be an entertainer, has it? I hope he can finally get his Adrienne BarbeauBots and Mingus Dew.

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator
Incredibly sad news indeed. My friends and I have come to love SeaLab. Many slow days at the office have seen us zinging SeaLab quotes back and forth via e-mail. Murphy always had the best lines. "Mustache on or off... Too bad!"

As I was looking around IMDB a few minutes ago, I was greatly surprised to see that Harry had the role of Molokov in the Broadway performance of "Chess", a particular favorite of mine. I can't believe I had the pleasure of seeing him perform. I'll have to go home and check out the recording tonight so I can hear Capt. Murphy sing.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I saw the announcement on AS yesterday as well. Sad news especially with the passing of Johnny Cash and John Ritter.

Rest in peace, fignuts. :frowning:

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I have noticed that the new voice for Capt. Murphy is very similar. Did Harry Goz have a son? and if so, I wonder if he took over. Ill have to pop on an episode on the tivo and read the credits. (not too often I do that)

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
According to TV Tomb, the character Tornado Shanks is indeed played by Harry Goz's son, Michael Goz. He probably played his father character for the few remaining episodes of that season. Sad he gone but at least his family legecy continues on.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, all the Shanks character has done for me so far is remind me what a great character Captain Murphy was and how brilliantly the late Mr. Goz added life to him. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks