What's new

Harrison reviews GCN online gaming plan (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Here you go...
Register Story
He makes a good point about the lack of current subscribers. I can't help but think Nintendo should be looking at this a little more seriously.

Right now, this is all about creating "top of mind awareness" with consumers (not a Nintendo strong point of late.) It looks like Sony recently took notice of Microsoft's lead in the online derby, and is now much more aggressively marketing the PS2's online capabilities.

I think if Nintendo ignores online gaming all together on the Cube, it most certainly has to hurt its chances of getting a significant market share of online gamers in the next generation of hardware.

People tend to go with what they know. If consumers are unfamiliar with Nintendo online gaming, but have some frame of reference with Sony or Microsoft, this can't help Nintendo, IMHO.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Looks like Michael St. Clair started a nearly identical thread over in video game software shortly after I posted this. (Great minds think alike:)) Since that thread has begun generating conversation, Jay or Neil, please go ahead shut this one down so we don't have two threads devoted to the same topic. Thanks!

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks