Harold Lloyd/Preston Sturges' The Sin of Harold Diddlebock (Mad Wednesday) on DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick McCart, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

May 16, 2001
    Patrick McCart
    I recently got to see The Sin of Harold Diddlebock (a public domain VHS) and I was amazed by how FUNNY it is!

Harold Lloyd reprises his role from the silent, The Freshman (remade without credit for the original as The Waterboy) as Harold Diddlebock. It's basically a laugh-filled vehicle for Lloyd's superb physical comedy and Preston Sturges' verbal comedy. Lloyd handles Sturges' typical witty and funny script perfectly...

Since it seems to be in the public domain, it would be prime material for a DVD. Even the VHS I saw (from the late 1980's) came from a great looking print...

I'm not sure if this is Criterion material, but it really would go well alongside DVDs such as Sullivan's Travels and The Lady Eve.

Any other fans out there?
  2. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Feb 22, 2000
    I've only seen the clips from the Preston Sturges doc on Sullivan's Travels, but I'd love to see it and would buy a DVD in an instant. (Or any other Sturges film Universal and Fox)

Quote from the Preston Sturges website:

"Recently honored by the legendary New York theatre FILM FORUM, Mr. Bracken said at that time that it would be his last time on stage. One of his last interviews will appear as a "Special Feature" in the forthcoming dvd release of MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK (June 2003)."