What's new

Harold & Kumar DVD Details (1 Viewer)

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
Just announced from New Line Home Entertainment is Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. The comedy, starring John Cho and Kal Penn, will arrive on January 4th and will be available in separate R-rated theatrical and "Extreme Unrated" editions. Each will feature a 1.85 anamorphic transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Extras will include two audio commentary tracks (one with director Danny Leiner and stars Cho & Penn, the other with writers Jon Hurwitz & Hayden Schlossberg), deleted/alternate scenes, "The Back Seat Interview" with John Cho, Kal Penn and Bobby Lee, "The Art of the Fart" sound documentary, "A Trip to the Land of Burgers" featurette, Cast & Crew: Drive-Thru Bites, Script-to-screen with storyboards, Me and Weedy featurette; photo activity, trailers and DVD-ROM materials. Along with the above extras, the Unrated Edition will also contain a third commentary track by Danny Bouchard, "extreme" outtakes and a music video. Retail is $27.95 for each.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Easily one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I was quite surprised that this film did fare too well at the box office when it was released over the Summer. I though for sure that word of mouth would make it into a bona fide hit.

I'm really looking forward to this on DVD. :)

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
A great collection of extras makes this a buy for me. Hilarious movie too (and i hated "Dude, where's my car?". I loved Weedy, even if that sequence did through off the pace of the whole movie. Would have been nice to have NPH in the extras too... oh well, not gonna deter me!

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I would not worry to much Ben, I bet we will see NPH somewhere on there, afterall, there is a feature named after his scene. :) A great movie, I only wish it was coming out earlier.

Ryan

Harry UK

Auditioning
Hi, does anyone know what's happening with this title in Canada? Canadian retailers only seem to be listening one version and I can't find any details on whether it's the Extreme Unrated version or the Rated version. Could the Extreme Unrated only be available in the US? :confused: Thanks :)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

I checked a number of Canadian-based DVD retailers (Best Buy Canada, Future Shop, ABSound & DVDSoon) and the only version that appears to be available is the 'R' edition. The 'Extreme Unrated' edition may be reserved for U.S. consumers.

Rented it last night; one of the more enjoyable comedies I've seen in a while. I'm picking up the unrated edition after work today. The Wal-Mart stores in central OH have both editions for $14.87 each.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I haven't seen this movie, but I've heard it's hilarious. I'm from Canada, so it looks as though the "Unrated" version won't be making its way around here. Worst case scenario, I'll try to snag one through Ebay.

Carl_G

Stunt Coordinator
Pretty funny menu videos. Not many DVDs where you will actually sit through all of the video loops on the menus!

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
The Canadian version is the Extreme Unrated Version. Just look at the back of the case and it says Extreme Unrated version of the film in the feature list.

Pat Frank

Stunt Coordinator
Very funny menus. I actually HATE menus and would have them stripped off every title if I had my druthers. But that's the funniest thing I've seen since the surprise phone-ring in The Ring menus.

Frank@N

Screenwriter

The unrated version also runs 2 minutes longer per IMDB.

Anyone know what was added to the film itself?

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator

There were some other scenes but I don't remember the other ones as they were smaller, I haven't watched that DVD in a few months, I have watched it so many times in January. I will try to post the rest when I decide to watch it again. I hope this helps you some Frank.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Have you seen the unrated version, Jesse? I've only seen the unrated version, and Freakshow's wife's breasts were shown in the unrated version.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Don,

Thanks for the info on the Unrated version.

Very few DVD review sites can comment on small changes.

On another note, I wish studios would stop with these dual releases.

It's getting confusing as hell to keep track of all these versions.

Either make the primary DVD release Unrated, or keep it 'R' with the other stuff as deleted scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks