What's new

Harmony Remote OS X Support and Huge Discount @ MacWorld. (1 Viewer)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
To Any Lucky Stiff Going to MacWorld:

At least pick one up for ebay.

.[/b] Add $15 for shipping. This offer is only available at Intrigue's booth, #411 - dealmac.com
Wow!!

I love this thing. It is what I wished my Pronto had been years ago. Finally OS X support. No drivers or firmware available on the site.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Joseph - I saw this at MAcworld yesterday. What do you like about it? I was really undecided about it as it was not completely obvious how to operate it. plus, the scroll wheel is for right-handers!

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
The scroll wheel is my main complaint. It isn't as sturdy as I would like. I only use it for what few functions I need. My other wish would be that it would be as big as my Denon 3802 remote with bigger buttons.

However, I have set it up to do more than I ever got from my Pronto with almost no effort. Say you want to watch a DVD, well through the website I was able to set up the macro based on a few question, set the proper audio control device, and reassigned buttons to do what I do most with the DVD Player. When I choose "Watch a DVD" it will set the receiver to DVD, set the correct TV input, and turn the player on, and all buttons assume my "Watch a DVD" function. The set up for this is minutes compared to hours with Pronto. Plus you get solid buttons. I found the Pronto to be so frustrating to use in the dark and ended up using my Denon remote 90% of the time because I could go by feel. If I want to watch an LD, I click change activity and scroll wheel to "Watch LD." If you have more than one of each you can just name them say, "Watch ZoomPlayer DVD" or "Watch Theatertek."

Of course to get control of the HTPC you need to utilize device types and brands you don't own and just rename them. All of my HTPC video/TV functions are Replay and Phillips units. :D

The other key feature is "help." Say you have the IR facing the wrong way or for whatever other reason the setup is wrong. Just click the help button. It will ask if the stereo is on, if the TV is on, and the player is on. It also quickly and automatically sends the proper input keys to your devices so if all the devices were on already you can ignore the menu.

The channel surf option is too slow for HD cable, so I just let my up/down buttons work as normal. However, you can have them go up and down according to your own personal favorite list if you wish to do this. Channel and program listings are not a big deal for me as the cable box's onscreen cable guide is easier to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks