What's new

Harmony 880 Remote for $99.99 (1 Viewer)

cleverland

Agent
Real Name
Richard
Hey Thanks for the tip, I've had this on my wish list waiting for a price drop and just put in my order. I wonder why I didn't get the promo email since I've had this on my wish list.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Again, thanks! My first Harmony
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
!! Don't know what took so long but for $99 shipped I finally got one! (Did I use enough of these !)

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Retailers are clearing them out to make room for the Harmony One, so there should be more deals coming.

John Gates

Second Unit
Dang, sounds like a very nice deal, but after reading the reviews at Amazon, I'm not so sure. Is the charging cradle really that bad??

cleverland

Agent
Real Name
Richard
Mine should arrive in a couple of days. After reading John's note I went to Amazon to read some of the reviews. About 50/50 positive/negative. It seemed that most of the cradle problems were from older reviews but a couple were only 6 mos or so old. I'd like to add my request to John's. Anyone have problems with the charging cradle or other battery issues with the 880?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
They have had q/c issues with this remote. I bought mine a year ago and had to return it for a replacement. The tilt feature that would turn on the backlight automatically stopped working. For a while, I thought there was a problem with the cradle, then I took a clean rag and scrubbed the contacts, and I've had no problem since then.

This is an excellent remote, I'm very happy with it, and I paid abour $130 for mine. This is a great price.

HT ROB

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
I've had this remote for about four months now and very happy with it. it runs everything of mine(Denon3808,ToshibaA35,DishHD722,Mits5734 HDTV,Xbox360 Elite(doesnt control it though).
Had a problem with a macro(3808 to go to xbox360) called C/S told them the issue uploaded the fix to my profile and all I had to do was update my remote! FIXED! was great C/S!
No problem at all with the cradle here and battery is good. I put it on the cradle like every 5th day(over night).

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The April issue of pc mag indicates the Harmony One is the replacement for the 880. According to pc mag it keeps all the good stuff of the 880 and fixes the 880's biggest problem which was button shape & placement. The LCD screen is also sharper and brighter. It lists for $250.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i really like the 880. got one a couple years ago.
there is a problem with the cradle on mine.
i hve to tilt the cradle up to get the contact to stay on-charge.

i think mine my also be broken, if i use it with my left hand, which slightly twists it, the pressure of squeezing it resets it.
so there must be a loose something inside.

Gary Neuwirth

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys

I bought this remote for a friend and he had problems after a year. He had the older recharge cradle which stopped charging up his remote.

Anyway...what I wanted to say is that the customer support is pretty good. After filling out the online support questions they sent him a completely new remote with the newer cradle for free even though it had been over a year old. The newer cradle just has 2 gold contacts instead of three.

allprolab

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete
I just ordered this. Thanks for the code!! I've been looking at them for awhile. Even bought one for my step dad for xmas but he hasn't programmed it yet.

From my understanding the cradle issue can be easily solved by putting in a shim when you charge it. Pretty simple.

Nick

Second Unit
One question for those who own this remote.
Is the rattling normal for this remote.
I just want to make sure that there's nothing loose inside.

dberthia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
I would say no- rattling is definitely not normal. Mine is completely quiet.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
mine has always rattled a little.
i think that is the mechanism that senses movement and turns on the screen.

dberthia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
I retract my statement above. I gave mine a good listen for the first time last night, and I do hear a soft rattle in there. As speculated above, I'm guessing it's some sort of motion detector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks