What's new

Harmony 670 - need help!!! (1 Viewer)

bigyeti

Grip
Real Name
Tom
reprogrammed my 670 today to allow my updated components and it has develpoed a mind of it's own... It turns my TV input to Video 1 but it's set to be on hdmi1... It's driving me nuts... Any Ideas???

Also when using the help feature it asks if the equipment is set to ____ Because the screen is too small to read the entire message... Is there a way to scroll??? Thanks... Tom

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Connect the remote to the computer with it's USB cable, and when you sign in to the site, update the remote. You might have to act like you're going to change something, but don't, to get to the "Update Remote" button. It's been a long time since I've had to go to the site, and I don't remember exactly, where everything is.

You might also want to try some new batteries. When you have to start pushing the Help button regualaly, that's usually a sign that the batteries are about gone.
Good luck!

bigyeti

Grip
Real Name
Tom
Thanks Ed...I've updated and told it to turn the tv to HDMI 1 but it still goes to video 1, and thinks this is correct... Id like to manually set it up, but don't know if it's possible...

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Call their 800 number. They have very good customer service, usually. There may be something wrong with your's..............

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I can't help, but I can commiserate - I had the same problem on my main system (though in my case it was HDMI-2). I tried both the unit's self-contained 'Help' function and also the on-line reprogram repeatedly, with no luck.

I gave up on that system and tried it on my second system where it refused to turn on my set top box (I have OTA HD).

I eventually returned it.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I love my Harmony 628. My wife loves it too. It's just so user friendly. When this remote dies, I will get another Harmony.............
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

bigyeti

Grip
Real Name
Tom
Got it... The 800 number did the trick... Wish some others had customer service like this... AND they spoke perfect english... Thanks Guys... Tom

bigyeti

Grip
Real Name
Tom
My nasty phone connection was part of it and the other required that I did the firmware download rather than allow it to automatically update... I'm confused but happy...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks