Harmony 628 Remote Problems

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by DaleC, Dec 30, 2005.

1. DaleC

DaleC Agent

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that someone more knowing than I am can help me.

I have a Logitech Harmony 628 remote that I got for Xmas. I've programmed the remote and am having a bit of difficulty getting it to turn on my AV Receiver.

When everything is turned off, I press the "Watch a movie" button. The TV turns on and goes to the correct input, the DVD player turns on, but my Kenwood VR-804 AV receiver does NOT turn on. I know that I have the correct on/off code for it, because I can control it individually. Also, the receiver turns on correctly when I press "Watch TV," or "Use VCR." It also works correctly if I'm switching to movies from another mode. For example, I'm watching TV, then press the "Watch a movie" button, everything changes correctly -- BUT -- I can't turn the AV receiver OFF when I press the off button. Again, this only happens in movie mode.The only place I'm having trouble with it is trying to watch movies from an "off" state, or trying to turn everything OFF from watching a movie.

I have the following equipment:

RCA TV - F32650
    VCR - JVC HR-A60U
    DVD - Samsung DVD-P242
    AV - Kenwood VR-802
    Cable Box - Scientific Atlanta Digital Explorer 3200

Any help anyone can give me would be great. I've tried playing around with the settings through the Logitech site with no success, and I have a support ticket in with them. Nothing seems to work yet. I even had the remote relearn the on/off command with the original remote. Still no success.

Thanks!

--Dale

2. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    Does the receiver have discrete on and off codes or is it just an on/off toggle?

3. DaleC

DaleC Agent

Well there's a single button for On/Off, but there seems to be a power On and off code as well as a Power Toggle.

Which should I use, and how do I set it so that it uses the correct power on/off code.