1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Harmon Kardon PA2400 Power Amps Help!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Ward, May 1, 2002.

1. Mark Ward

Mark Ward Extra

I've just bought 4 Harmon Kardon PA2400 Power Amps second hand.

Currently I have a Denon AV-A10SE & POA-T10 (4800 is US. Equiv. model).

Prior to my purchase I was Bi-Amping using the receiver's internal amps for the high freq. with the matching POA-T10 Power Amp handling the low freq.

I now want to Bi-Amp the fronts using 2 X Harmon Kardon PA2400's with the High from one speaker and the low from the other on each amp. There is only 1 set on Front out phono's on the Denon. Is it possible to Bi-Amp with 2 external power Amps?

The HK2400's are bridgeable, but does anyone know to Bi-Wire them if I chose to bridge the amps?

To help me someone would probably need to be aware of these specific Power Amps as the manuals/setup appears a little quirky. When in Bridged mode the pos(+) terminals for each channel become the Pos(+) & Neg(-) terminals for the bridged amp. I'm wondering what happens to the 2 redundant neg(-) terminals.

Thanks for any help,

Mark Ward.

2. Mark Ward

Mark Ward Extra

I'm still struggling with this problem. What could help is if someone could tell me how I would go about Bi-Amping a Denon 4800 with ANY 2 matching external power amps for the front mains?

There's only 1 pair of external outs on the Denon, yet I need outs for R-Hi/L-Lo on AMP1 and L-Hi/R-Lo on AMP2

My Kef Ref 2.2 speakers are 4 Ohm and the power-amp manual says my amps aren't designed to be used bridged with 4 Ohm speakers. What would happen if I were to try them? Could I damage the amps?

Any help gratefully received,

Thanks,

Mark.