Harmon Kardon PA2400 Power Amps Help!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Ward, May 1, 2002.

1. Mark Ward

Mark Ward Extra

I've just bought 4 Harmon Kardon PA2400 Power Amps second hand.

Currently I have a Denon AV-A10SE & POA-T10 (4800 is US. Equiv. model).

Prior to my purchase I was Bi-Amping using the receiver's internal amps for the high freq. with the matching POA-T10 Power Amp handling the low freq.

I now want to Bi-Amp the fronts using 2 X Harmon Kardon PA2400's with the High from one speaker and the low from the other on each amp. There is only 1 set on Front out phono's on the Denon. Is it possible to Bi-Amp with 2 external power Amps?

The HK2400's are bridgeable, but does anyone know to Bi-Wire them if I chose to bridge the amps?

To help me someone would probably need to be aware of these specific Power Amps as the manuals/setup appears a little quirky. When in Bridged mode the pos(+) terminals for each channel become the Pos(+) & Neg(-) terminals for the bridged amp. I'm wondering what happens to the 2 redundant neg(-) terminals.

Thanks for any help,

Mark Ward.

2. Mark Ward

Mark Ward Extra

I'm still struggling with this problem. What could help is if someone could tell me how I would go about Bi-Amping a Denon 4800 with ANY 2 matching external power amps for the front mains?

There's only 1 pair of external outs on the Denon, yet I need outs for R-Hi/L-Lo on AMP1 and L-Hi/R-Lo on AMP2

My Kef Ref 2.2 speakers are 4 Ohm and the power-amp manual says my amps aren't designed to be used bridged with 4 Ohm speakers. What would happen if I were to try them? Could I damage the amps?

Any help gratefully received,

Thanks,

Mark.