What's new

Harmon Karden Citation 16 with which Pre-Pro?? (1 Viewer)

Paul Fa

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I am the lucky recipient of a gift H/K Citation 16 in pristine condition. I have been considering getting one of the newer AVR's for some time now and am now thinking of pairing one with the 16. The 16 could run the mains freeing up the AVR to handle inputs, processing and run the surrounds which don't need as much power/dynamic headroom under normal conditions as I understand it. My room is 24x24 with high ceilings, windows and large openings to other rooms. The matched speaker combos I'm looking at are the Monitor Audio Silver series (S8 or S10 mains), Paradigm Monitor Series (Monitor9 or 11 mains) or possibly the Axiom Audio Epic 80 HT system (M80 4ohm mains)with a sunfire sub. I like classical, jazz and rock - sometimes at very loud levels - not too bright, nor too warm/muddy. I also will be using this system for Movie watching with my family for some time to come. My questions are:

Which AVR? I'm thinking of the Denon 3805 or Marantz 8400

How to connect? I've never done this amp/AVR setup before. Are there any special considerations I need to be aware of when hooking up an older amp with a new AVR? What is the actual link/input/output/correct cable setup?

Will having two amps with matched speakers create any sonic difference I can actually hear?

Should I put each (amp/AVR)on independent power supplies?

Anything else????

Thanks!

Paul Fa

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I know that the input into the 16 is RCA - should I select one maker over another? I really could use some help here on my other questions - anybody??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks