Harmen Karden 520 confusion...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg Kolinski, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Greg Kolinski

Greg Kolinski Second Unit

I just hooked the HK 520 up that I trades in after the Onkyo speaker problem.I have Had decent schooling,spell bad[​IMG] ,but not "the Water boy" and most reviews on Audio Review were right.The manual is awful!!![​IMG] It reminds me of the service manuals we get at the shop ,Korean - English,by someone who has never touched a car.First question ,it does not have Dolby ES....was this a boob move on my part??saw 7.1 and assumed.........[​IMG] appears that to do so I need a separate amp for 6.1 and 7.1?
    #2....LOGIC 7...................don't even know where to start.
    Other then confusing,It sound GREAT...........and will live with 4 ohm front speakers[​IMG]
    thanks
    Greg

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Yes, I think you missed the boat because the 525 was just released and it does have EX capability. The 520 has ES, but not EX capability, though you will need an extra amp to power rear speakers.

Logic 7 can be applied to most material except 5.1/6.1, for a simulated 7 ch

Harman Kardon

3. Greg Kolinski

Greg Kolinski Second Unit

OPPS [​IMG] . Oh well,I can always upgrade with a seperate amp for the rear speakers,other then that I love it!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG]