What's new

HarmanKardon Problem AVR325 (1 Viewer)

BurtS

Stunt Coordinator
Well I just recieved my refurbished Harman Kardon AVR325 and it seems to be giving problems. At first on the display it would bounce from digital to headphone back and forth. Now it wont play and it seems to be locked in headphone mode, two times it would suddenly come out of headphone mode and play then it would go back. Shipping to me was a whopping $100.00, now if I need to send it back and ship it back to me thats $200.00, would I be responsible for the charges? If I turn the volume up to +10 max I can hear the volume a bit and if I leave it turned up for a while sometimes all of a sudden the volume would come to normal again?

Mitch_J

Stunt Coordinator
Shipping shouldn't cost you that much. I'd look into various options. And I think the shipping charges should only apply for you to send it in for repair. Not for them to ship it back to you. Of course this all depends on who and where you purchased it from. YMMV

BurtS

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I need to put it on +8 db to even hear anything, really a bummer as I just got it today and I already took it down. What if I send it in and they give me another thats also defective. Ive been reading a lot of posts about harman kardons being defective. Honestly the only reason I chose to upgrade me receiver to a high end one was to avoid these trouble some issues, which was occuring to my low cost radio shack receiver. Also Harman Kardons repair center seems to be a radio shack place????

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

A couple of points:

1) The H/K AVR-325 isn't really a "high-end" receiver. It's a fine low to mid-range receiver.

2) The current crop of receivers sold by Radio Shack are manufactured by Pioneer.

3) Repair centers that are authorized by a manufacturer will not be specific to one brand. Just because it is a Radio Shack repair center does not essentially mean it's a bad one. Heck, I dealt with Sony's own repair centers with a few monitor issues I had a few years back and they never corrected my issues and this was a repair center owned by Sony, mind you.

4) Finally, if you paid $100 in shipping charges to get a receiver shipped to you, well ... I have a bridge to sell you.

Dustin Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
I'd check to see if you have an authorized HK repair station in your town by calling HK. Don't ship it unless you have to.

CarlosM

Stunt Coordinator
who did you buy this refurbed unit from?

I bought my refurbed HK from their Harman Audio ebay store, and returned it within 30 days because it was having video display issues -- they covered the shipping charge for me.

Andy_A

Second Unit
hi, I happen to know HK has different tiers of service centers. You can call them and ask them for one of their top tier places and where to ship to (if you have to ship it). They'll let you know the place. The great thing about these are that all the techs there are knowledgeable about all types of HK issues. It will cost you to have it serviced, probably (unless you got it from an authorized seller), but it should be able to be fixed. Good luck

BurtS

Stunt Coordinator
Well the guy I bought it from is telling me hes trying to get a reciept or statement from the people he buys it from who are authorized Harman Kardon dealers, so I can send it to them. Does this sound good or should I just send him this avr325 back for another one. He said this way I wont need to ship it but I entered my zip code in the harman kardon website and the closest repair center according to the web site is in California, im in Hawaii. So it probably cost the same if I shipped it back to him, rather then send something that I just purchased to a repair shop which should be in perfect working order for 480.00 that I paid.
Opinions

Andy_A

Second Unit
I'd probably wait a short time to see if that pans out. That would be great if he could get the needed documents for you to get it repaired using warranty service. Otherwise, I would not ship it to Hawaii but instead somewhere in the contigious 48 states. I happen to know there is a very good HK service center in Atlanta. I'd probably spend around $100 to fix it (including shipping). It would be unfortunate if it ended up costing more than this. Good luck

BurtS

Stunt Coordinator
Well I just sent it in to a repair shop in Hollywood Ca, I hope everything turns out good

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks