What's new

Harman Karndon AV1700 (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
russelmiller said:
I returned my unit last night, they had a display model, but didn't want to deal with that. l so I had Best Buy price match Amazon's $250 price on the pioneer 1022 which worked right out of the box.
Nice. Does anyone know what other online sites Best Buy will match? Or does it depend on each Best Buy store manager? Thanks.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Best Buy will price match anything that stays "over cost". I had BB price match an upright deep freeze. BB price was $749(from $800). I found numerous websites between $585(with freight) to $630(freight extra). I got it for $600 w/tax. My "price match" was done in store with me looking on my phone. The "clerk" got tired of me asking and finally said..."How is $600 including tax?"...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I will say this...if you increase your budget...Sank found this... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882115375 $340 and you "might" get BB to match. I have no idea how NewEgg is offering $160 off...cause nobody else is.

gissentml

Auditioning
Real Name
matthew
yeah I figured it out. I had A and B speaker options turned on. I only needed A. B is for an additional set of stereo speakers.

Jason Powell_273546

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
For anyone who has found this thread because their AVR 1700 is stuck in BCO Update mode, I wanted to post a the solution that worked for me this morning:

[*]Connect your AVR 1700 to your home network. For me, this meant temporarily moving my cable modem and wireless router into the living room and connecting the receiver to my router with an ethernet cable.
[*]Using your computer, determine the IP address of the AVR 1700 on your local network. You can do this by logging into your wireless router's web interface, or by using a utility like this one: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_network_watcher.html
[*]Type the IP address of your AVR 1700 into a web browser on your computer (it should like this: 192.168.1.xxx, with the last three digits based on your individual network). If done correctly, you will be looking at the Harman Kardon web interface for the receiver.
[*]Click the Choose File button and choose any random file on your computer. I picked a small txt file. Now click the Upload button. Dont' worry about what file you choose. The operation will fail, but you will have jolted the receiver out of update mode.
[*]You're done. BCO Update message should disappear, and life is good again!
[/list]
I hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks