What's new

Harman Kardon speakers (1 Viewer)

Greg_Mitch

Agent
I am looking at a 7.1 set of Harman Kardon speakers but would like to know if anyone has heard them and can give me some suggestions. The set consists of 3 pairs of HK 4's and one HKC center speaker and one HKSUB 12 inch powered sub. I am still in the process of looking for an amp but will probably end up getting the Onkyo TX-SR601 or the Harman Kardon AVR 325 depending on budget. Any help for this setup would be appreciated. I had thought of just getting the Fluance AV-HTB with a pair of their dipole surrounds to round it off but now saw these online. Help!

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
I don't know about the HK4 speaker's but I can tell you I have a HK avr125 with a set of Fluance sx-htb speakers and they seem well matched. Some people felt that the Fluance speakers sounded "bright" and the solution was to go with a warm receiver like a H/K or Marantz, especially if you like to listen to music.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I have to say HK and Klipsch. I love my Klipsch speakers and with my HK AVR-225 it sounds even better...

As for HK speakers themselves, they aren't the best in the world and unless you can find them for a good discount I wouldn't prefer them.

CurtisC

Second Unit
HK speakers,not too impressive.The Fluance sound great for the money,really,no kiddin',I was impressed.The Klipsch rf's,HK AVR would also be sweet.

Greg_Mitch

Agent
OK, so you talked me out of the HK speakers but I still dont know what to do about the receiver. More than likely it will be a HK but I can't decide if the extra money is worth it for the 325 over the 225. I realize they have different features but with the saved money I could get better speakers perhaps. One quick question is, what is the difference between the two Fluance speaker packages besides color. They have different size drivers I believe. Anyone heard both sets that can comment? TIA

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
The avr325 is a 7.1 receiver and the avr225 is a 5.1 receiver. I found good professional reviews of H/K at CNET.
Fluance will tell you the sx-htb has better speakers and crossovers. It is also braced differently to make it more rigid.

Greg_Mitch

Agent
I know Fluance will tell me the more expensive package is better I am wondering if anyone has personal experience with both speaker sets. I wish the sx came in black because that light color wont match a lot of stuff. I realize that the 325 is 7.1 but do you think it would be smart (in terms of not having to buy another receiver for a long time) to purchase the more expensive 325 or just stick to the 225.

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
If you click on my website you'll see the sx-htb set are not as bleached as on the Fluance website.
I was concerned as well about the colour so I was pleased to see they were darker. It's only a $60.00 difference.
I suppose buying a 7.1 receiver in order to upgrade later depends on if you're going to do it in six months or more than a year. 'Gear' with the exception of speakers seem to be "out of Date" as soon as you buy it. All my equipment is, or will be obsolete and my theater is only a year old!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks