What's new

Harman Kardon SB 16 Subwoofer Low Volume (1 Viewer)

MrMorgan

Auditioning
Real Name
Erik
Hi all,

I am having low volume issues with my hand-me-down Harman Kardon SB 16 subwoofer. It doesn't produce an acceptable volume level as compared to the soundbar.

I have to turn the volume knob all the way up to get nearly an acceptable volume. The quality of the sound is good, it doesn't sound weird at all, but I know it should sound a lot louder (especially for its monster size).

I'm using the optical cable from my Xbox One S straight to the soundbar.

What I've tried so far:

• Moving it close to the soundbar
  • Moving it in the corner of the room
  • Trying all the wireless channels
  • Plugging it in straight to the wall
  • Smacking it and shaking it around (to see if something might be loose)
But nothing has worked.

Can anybody help? Thank you.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Apologies. When someone says they’re having trouble with their “HK SB 16 subwoofer” instead of “the subwoofer that came with my HK SB 16 soundbar,” I automatically assume they have a “HK SB 16 subwoofer” that’s being used with an unnamed soundbar.

It appears that you’ve only recently acquired this system, so how do you know the sub should get a lot louder than it is?

If there isn’t a sub level adjustment somewhere in the soundbar menu, and the EQ switch doesn’t get you what you’re after, try the TV’s bass tone control. if none of that works, I’m afraid you’re out of luck.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks