harman kardon receiver questions and digital sound

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by George bone, Jan 6, 2003.

1. George bone

George bone Agent

I am looking for a new stereo receiver, i listen mostly to metal of all kinds, and occasional oldies like dylan marley ccr the who that kind of stuff. Anyway i am wondering if certian receivers are better than others for my music i am looking for one with exceptional sound, full and rich. better than run of the mill pioneer or kenwood. Any suggestions would be greatlly appriciated. I am currentally looking at a harman kardon avr 65 would this be good?

also on a non related subject I see many receivers with digital sound being advertised all over, is digital sound only for movies or is it also for audio...if it is for audio can it be output through a ps2? thanks for all your help
    george

2. Jose G

Jose G Supporting Actor

I know that HK receivers are decribed as "warm" and to be "great for music." In fact, many people state that if you are looking to a receiver for mostly music- HK is one of the brands to look at. I don't know much about metal sound on these receivers, though, but Dylan and Marley will sound terrific. I don't know anything about the AVR 65, but if it's a surround sound system you should be able to play your PS 2 system through it without a problem.

3. JamesKr

JamesKr Agent

Denon is great with music. Try the Denon 3803.

4. DonJ

DonJ Second Unit

I have a HK 320 and Staind and Linkin Park sound incredible.

5. George bone

George bone Agent

by metal i ment real metal, not pop culture crap. Slayer Venom Black Sabbath Immolation Cannibal Corpse...stuff along those lines, but I guess you are entitled to your opinion as I was just correcting a misunderstanding