1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Harman Kardon PA4000 question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by RickBlacker, May 4, 2003.

1. RickBlacker

RickBlacker Stunt Coordinator

I would like some assistance setting up my PA4000. Bascially I want to do something simple. All I want to do is to have 4 sepparte inputs and 4 sepparate outputs. The manual does not tell you how to do this. At least not that I have been able to figure out.

Does anyone have any experiance setting theirs like this?

Thank you!
    Rick

2. Ed Cherry

Ed Cherry Auditioning

For 4 seperate in/out the following may be set up:

1 - 4x100w both sides bridged with 2 stereo pair in/outs

2 - 2 x (100+45) + 2x45 A stereo pair at (100+45) and a seperate stereo pair at 45w

That's it ... if you were thinking of 4 x (2x45) ie (4 seperate stereo pairs or 8 seperate mono signals) as the product description would lead you to believe ... it doesn't work that way. The best you can do is 2 seperate stereo pairs. In 45w mode it works as 1 x (3x(2x45))ie one stereo input pair on 3 45w stereo output pairs + 1 seperate 45w stereo pair.

Hope this helps ... the manual explains all of this but is not the easiest to follow.

Good luck !!

3. RickBlacker

RickBlacker Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, got some help from H/K... But basically what I wanted was to power 4 speakers. a set of surrounds and a set of rears.

Thanks very much for your reply.