1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Harman Kardon not holding settings

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob Bartlett, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Bob Bartlett

Bob Bartlett Stunt Coordinator

When I use the hard button power off or if there is a power loss to the receiver all of my settings revert back to the factory settings. I have had the receiver since March of 2001 and this just recently started.

Bob

2. Leon Liew

Leon Liew Stunt Coordinator

I have had the same experience you are having now. Use to
    switch off the main power to the receiver after every
    session. First few times was ok, settings all intact when
    engaged.

After a month or so the above happened.All receivers contain
    a backup battery pack for the setup memory which last about
    a 4 to 5 weeks at least what's mentioned in my Onkyo ops
    manual.

Now I always leave my receiver on standby mode so that the
    battery pack is being charged and it works fine. All my settings stayed intact since then. Maybe you should give
    it a try Bob. Anyway the standby mode consumes very little
    electricity

3. Bob Bartlett

Bob Bartlett Stunt Coordinator

Actually I always have it in standby, but after a recent power loss and then shutting it off to move some wires it lost the settings both times. Contacted H/K support and they said there is and internal memory backup circuit that went bad. It would have to be replaced. It's not worth the hassle of unhooking everything and being without it for who knows how long. As long as my power doesn't go out I'm ok and it only takes a few minutes for me to put back in the settings. Thanks.

Bob