What's new

Harman Kardon help!!! (1 Viewer)

Danie_P

Grip
Hi... Im very new to this forum and need some help from anyone of you.
I got the AVR 5000 reciver and Infinity Alpha 20 speaker in front. The Sub is a Audio-pro Avantek (10 Inch)(www.audiopro.se Its a Swedish company).
But I dont get the sub to play like I want it to( plays a bit "burrrrie" ). So Ive been playing with the idea´ to add another one. The Infinity Alpha Sub that got an 8 inch element.
The question I got is can I get it to just take front speakers bas (L-R) and have the other Sub to play the LFE bas only?
Or will it be a good idea´ just to add the Alpha sub to the other sub?
What Im looking for is the fast and firm bas.. The bigger sub is good for the movies but not as good for the music.
I cant get a bigger speaker in front ( no room for it)
Help me out mates!
Daniel

Welcome to the forum Daniel.
I've checked the Link Removed for the AVR5000, and if I'm not mistaken you could add an active filter (between Main Out and Main In) and attach a second subwoofer to the filters LP Out (and of course the filters HP Out goes back to Main In), thus cutting your mains and redirecting the lower frequencies to the sub.
Whether or not this setup is preferable to just adding a second sub to th LFE is up to you, personally I think this would work better as, when playing music in stereo mode, you'd still have one sub taking a load off the fronts.
Whilst when using surround mode you'd have two subs - hopefully rocking your world. :D
There will be other opinions no doubt... :)
Good luck
/Mats

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
If your sub has a built-in high-pass filter, you can wire it in-line with your main speakers. Then you could set your H/K to 'Large' front speakers and 'LFE' only for the sub that's connected to the H/K sub output.

Danie_P

Grip
;) Ok.. thanks for the idea´s.
Im quite pleased with the outcome of this sub question.
Thanks Mates.
If anyone has some more nice idea´s please let me know...
I guess Im stuck at this HT stuff...:D
Cheers
Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks