What's new

Harman Kardon DVD-25 (1 Viewer)

Bob Elliott

Agent
I just ordered a HK reciever and a DVD-25. WHat are the weak/strong points on the DVD-25? How do you guys like it? Did I make a good choice?

Drew_W

Screenwriter
It's a good player, at least from my limited demoing of it. The Wolfson DACs it uses are pretty good as well, and overall good video performance. It is, however, the DVD player that goes with the x25 series of receivers, and so they being discontinued soon (if not now) in favour of the new DVD 22 and the DVD 31 (DVD22+DVDA). You can read more about them here:

http://www.harmankardon.com/news_rev...EDIA%20DVD.pdf

I woulda snatched one up if it did multichannel-audio, but as a CD/DVD player, it's a fine piece for sure.

kanian

Auditioning
I have H/K DVD30 DVD-Audio which is the latest European model of Harman. I must say that so far it's an outstanding player both for music and movies. The only drawback is perhaps a little slow start after entering the disc while reading starts. The switch of the layers is also noticeable but I don't pay too much attention to it. best regards, Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks