Harman Kardon AVR8000 Music&HT ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chip E, Mar 14, 2001.

1. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

I'm looking to upgrade in the next few months from a Technic's SA-DX930 receiver to something that sounds good with music & home theater.. Anyone have experience with HK ? I've read theay are warm sounding which i like. I want to get something with DPLII and good clean sound. My Technic's hisses through the speakers at zero volumne (i know, it's junk but,it's my first AVR and served it's purpose for the last two years. Any input ? Thanks..
    Chip
    Harman/Kardon has announced the introduction of its top-of-the-line AVR-8000 audio/video receiver. The THX Ultra certified AVR-8000 includes built-in MP3 decoding, THX Surround EX, Logic 7, Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS-ES Discrete and DTS-ES Matrix 6.1 channel processing, DTS Neo:6, VMAx 3D Virtual Theater and a host of additional refinements. The AVR-8000 features 192kHz/24-bit audio capabilities using a pair of Crystal DSP processors and high-resolution Analog Devices DACs for the highest quality audio playback possible. In addition, the AVR-8000 will upconvert the digital signal from most CD players for dramatically improved sound quality.
    Logic 7 is a sophisticated DSP system that provides multichannel reproduction from matrix-encoded and two-channel stereo recordings, while the VMAx Near and Far Mode Virtual Theater audio processing provides a method of producing realistic, high-fidelity 3D surround sound audio with just two speakers.
    The AVR-8000 utilizes high-current, ultrawide-bandwidth amplifiers and delivers 100 watts into each of the five main channels (20Hz-20kHz @ 8 ohms, less than 0.08% THD), or 110 watts in stereo. Preamp outputs are provided for the additional surround back channels delivered by the new 7.1 system. Harman/Kardon's Advanced Digital Bass Manager enables the LFE channel to be routed to the left and right front speakers, as well as the subwoofer. It also employs a fourth-order low-pass filter, rather than the more commonly used second-order filter.
    The new EzSet remote includes a built-in sound pressure level measuring and calibration system that enables the user to automatically balance speaker channel levels for optimum sound listening. In addition, when connected to any computer with a compatible S/P-DIF or a USB computer with H/K's own software, the receiver will decode MP3 or "streaming media" programs. The AVR-8000 includes HD-compatible component video inputs, selectable input/output front panel jacks, S-Video down-conversion to composite, multi-room audio and video with separate remote, on-screen menus, AM/FM tuner, discrete 7.1 inputs and much more. The AVR-8000 will be available spring 2001 at a suggested price of $2199.

2. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Sorry, i accidenally put this thread in the wrong area. If administration would move to hardware, i'd appreciate it. Thanks..
    Chip