What's new

Harman Kardon AVR525 for $667.13 Shipped FedEx 3-Day Free!! (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
The HK AVR525 is a 7 x 70W 7.1-Channel A/V Receiver. The AVR525 has Dolby Digital EX, DTS-ES and Logic 7 processing. Not only that, it has a seven-channel, high-current, ultrawide-bandwidth amplifier. That`s right, it supports seven (7) speakers WITHOUT ANY EXTRA AMPS TO BUY! Harman/Kardon is one of the very VERY few companies that put amps in their receivers that can actually output more than their manufacturer rating with all channels driven; most manufacturers fall woefully short. It has an EzSet remote for automatic room calibration (I`ve used mine, actually works very easily). It has composite, s-video, and component switching. The AVR525 also sports the new Triple Crossover system that lets you set different crossever settings for the front left/right, front center, and surround channels.

This offer ends 12/23/2002 11:59PM PST, but I`m guessing they will sell out way before then.

Check out our deals page to pick one of these units up before they are all sold out.

Parker

liana

Agent
just ordered mine.

merry xmas to me.

note: hawaii shipping doesnt qialify free! add 30$

still an outstanding deal

Darren_C

Agent
This is a very nice receiver, but anyone interested should note that it appears HK decontented the 6.1 main inputs from last year's 520 model. You can no longer use those great amps if you ever want any type of external processing:-(

Yogi

Screenwriter
Woww whats going on!!! These are great receivers (520, 525, 8000) but why is Onecall dumping them at such cheap prices in the market? I am envious:frowning:

STLMIKE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Well, I just ordered one of these....it sounds too good to be true, (even the shipping -- the 525 must weigh 50 lbs...) so I hope I don't regret it later.

Seriously, a $1000 receiver for $667....from an authorized dealer....I guess it's worth some risk and mild stress for that much $$.

Mike

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Hell of a deal. I just bought my 525 for $699 @ Circuit City on a price-match with Costco.com and I felt like I was ripping THEM off. $667.13 shipped? You won't beat that anywhere.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I may be biased, but I'd buy mine at a local B&M at that price difference. 667.13 in 3 days or ~749 today plus local support, exchanges, etc.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Is costco still selling them cheap?

I would like to price match it at Circuit City as well.

I gotta tell my dad about this sale!

Guyza

Stunt Coordinator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a very nice receiver, but anyone interested should note that it appears HK decontented the 6.1 main inputs from last year's 520 model. You can no longer use those great amps if you ever want any type of external processing:-(
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please clarify this. Mine has 8 channel (7.1) inputs AND pre-outs.
See for yourself @ http://www.harmankardon.com/back.as...cat=REC&sType=C
520 back
Here's a shot of the 520's back panel with jacks labelled "MAIN". Not sure what they do, but it appears the 525 does not have this.
Besides 7 channel amps, what does the 525 have over the 520? Or vice-versa?
Want to get one or the other pretty soon.
Thanks,
Guy

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator
525 has pre-out's, main-in's are what the 520, it's a loopback if the external device does its own decoding. Pre-out to external device -- > decoded --> sent back to receiver thru main in. the upgrade path is better on the 520.

alan_dana

Agent
I hope that the HK 525's that people are buying from OneCall are better than the 8000's that everyone just purchased on the special buy this past weekend. It seems that OneCall shipped out a lot of defective units in that sale. There is another thread here, and yet another on www.avsforum.com discussing the problems everyone is having from them.
Alan

sean_k

Auditioning
hmmmmm, i am confused now :| I just got a 520, and really wanted the DD ex for the future. But the deal I got on the 520 was pretty good.

Is there a way for me to get DD ex the 520? external precessor etc?

Also is the remote the same on the 525?

liana

Agent
Hell of a deal. I just bought my 525 for $699 @ Circuit City on a price-match with Costco.com and I felt like I was ripping THEM off. $667.13 shipped? You won't beat that anywhere.
gah! i took that into my local CC, and they said they wouldnt do it because it was an online site.

they have us on lockdown here in hawaii =...where else are we going to go, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks