What's new

Harman Kardon AVR510 (1 Viewer)

chung

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the H/K 510 recently. In the DTS mode, there appears to be a much smaller LFE output level coming out of the receiver, compared to my previous decoders. In DD mode, the LFE amount seems to be correct. I have tried all the different settings of large/small and X-over frequencies. Does anyone else notice this? I am using the DTS demo discs and the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" disc for monitoring. Thanks.

BTW, I am using AVIA to calibrate sub-woofer level. Unfortunately AVIA only has DD and not DTS test signals.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Apparently HK's in the X10 series are -10db in DTS LFE. This was documented in another thread about a week ago. Something about a software/program foul-up.

If you want to hear DTS, you need to make the LFE +10 somehow, which would mean some serious tweaking.

See if you can find that thread....

Good Luck -

- CM

chung

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find that thread, but came across another thread that talked about how most processors boost up the DD LFE by 10 dB. I also called H/K tech support, and they said that their receivers implement the DTS correctly, while others might have put in the LFE boost in DTS. In any event, I brought up the subwoofer level by 10dB, above that in the DD setup, as you suggested, and now the bass sounds much more normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks