What's new

Harman Kardon AVR-525:New or refurbished? (1 Viewer)

David Ruggiero

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone,
Was thinking of buying a Harman Kardon AVR-525. I buy most of my gear from Jandr.com always have good prices, fast delivery and the items are packaged well. Their price is $699.99 which is much less the list price. However, onecall.com has the Harman Kardon AVR-525 refurbished for around $550.00, do you think it is worth the chance to buy a refurbished unit and save $150.00 or just go for the new one? Anyone have any experience with onecall.com's refurbished receivers?

Thanks...

Ian C

Stunt Coordinator
From what I've been reading, people have been pretty happy with the refurbs from onecall. However, I saw the HK525 for $630 shipped here to Dallas from 6ave.com and jandr.com is pretty good about pricematching...even non-authorized competitors. Onecall's price on the refurbed 525 is $580 shipped. When I get around to pulling the trigger, I'm going to try getting jandr to pricematch 6ave.

Ian

David Ruggiero

Stunt Coordinator
"From what I've been reading, people have been pretty happy with the refurbs from onecall. However, I saw the HK525 for $630 shipped here to Dallas from 6ave.com and jandr.com is pretty good about price-matching...even non-authorized competitors. Onecall's price on the refurbed 525 is $580 shipped. When I get around to pulling the trigger, I'm going to try getting jandr to price-match 6ave.

Ian"

Ian,

I called Jandr today and asked them about price matching 6ave.com. They said they would not because they are not an authorized dealer. They said they would give me a small price cut to $690, but that does not include free shipping so it was actually cheaper to order it for the regular price of $699 and get free shipping, which I did. I paid a little more by buying this from jandr, but I wanted to buy from an authorized dealer for my own piece of mind. I realize that onecall is an authorized dealer with the refurbs as well but in the end I felt more comfortable buying a new receiver then a refurb. Not to mention every thing I have bought from jandr has always arrived in perfect condition and within a couple of days or ordering too. I'm not knocking onecall or 6ave just sticking with the retailer I have experience with.

Users who are viewing this thread