What's new

Harman Kardon AVR 525 impressions? (1 Viewer)

ChrisYK

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any?

I just picked up a brand new one for really cheap on eBay and am wondering whether or not I should keep it or sell it for the profit margin.

I am in the middle of putting together my home theater right now so I don't exactly have the best testing environment. I am also moving into a new house in May/June with a larger, more open living space (where the home theater equipment is going to be set up).

Sony KP-57WS510
Panasonic XP30 DVD player
Speakers: Crap x 5.1 (will upgrade later this year)

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
If you sell it, what will you get instead? Keep it and get your speaker purchase and see how it sounds in your new home.

I have the 325 and its great.

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
I would have bought the 525 if One Call had any at the time, instead I bought the 325 and love it. If the 525 is better I'd like to hear it. I'd keep it if you got it cheap . As the previous poster said what else would you get if you sell it.

ChrisYK

Stunt Coordinator
My original budget had been for around $300 and I was considering the AVR 325 which I have seen for around $325 refurbished from Harman Audio on eBay.

I guess my question boils down to: is a brand-new 525 (from an unauthorized dealer) worth the extra $80 I have paid in this case when compared to the 325?

Daryn D

Agent
Keep the 525 if you got a deal and spend more on speakers! My 320 at 65watts is more than enough power.

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
You get a backlit remote, bass management for the 6 channel inputs like DVD-Audio and SACD plus more power for $80. Keep the 525.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks