What's new

Harman/Kardon AVR-520 (1 Viewer)

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Hi!,

Looking for a second receiver to install in to the Family Room.

Any experiences with the AVR-520.

Low power ratings, however I am sure they are

very conservative.

As well I have my eye on the Marantz SR-8200.

Thanks for any info.

Pricing?

This receiver would be matched to Paradigm Studio 60's,,CC Studio center and Studio ADP's in the rear.

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Trevor:I own the 510 and I love it.The sound that it produces it very warm.I believe that the 520 is 85 watts/ch,the 510 is 75 but I also have 2 Rotel amps hooked up as well.No problems with it...The design is high-current so the 85 watts will definately feel powerful and will drive your speakers quite adequately.Price I paid was 900.CDN at Future Shop however the newer 520 will be more expensive...around $1600 or so.Regards...

Bob_Lawrance

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Trevor

I have the avr 520, there is lots of power, you have to remember that even though it says 85 watts per channl, that is is real power.

I think the ar 8200 would be two much in price and features for a second room, then again depends how big that room is.

John A. Casler

Second Unit
"I would suggest buying a H/K 320 or 520 and buying a separate amp to drive your 60's. Since the H/K has reasignable pre/outs it might be your perfect choice."

Breck,

If I'm not mistaken, only the 520 and 8000 have the abilty to re-assign (via cabling) the amp channels.

I don't beleive the 320 offers such.

John A. Casler

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the information guys!..

Case solved..

I just purchased the Marantz SR-8200 today.

I was offered a price I could not refuse,infact not much more than what I would have had to spend on the H/K 520.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks