What's new

Harman Kardon 520 question? (1 Viewer)

Beau B

Stunt Coordinator
I am gonig to get unit for Christmas. I wnated some reviews of people who have it already. Should I be set for a long time with this? I paid $525.00 for an open box unit. Is that a good price?

Thanks to all

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
You should be very happy with this receiver.It is a high-current receiver and it will get a little warm but overall you will get a nice,clean sound from all fields.You can check out reviews at www.audioreview.com

DavidAM

Second Unit
I've had it for 2 weeks now and its a great receiver. Like the other guy said, it does get a little warm, but I was told that is because it is a high current receiver. It has ample power, sounds great and has alot of features. I can't wait to hear it with the SVS I'm winning next friday :D And $525 is a great price. I'm surprised they are selling the 520 as an open box unit already considering its only been out for a month. I got mine NIB for $636 ($610 plus $26 for shipping) shipped from jandr.com which is supposedly an authorized dealer. Overall you'll love the unit I'm sure. I did alot of research and after reading about the Onkyo and Denon's I didn't like them. The only other choice for me would have been the new Marantz receivers but with all the problems they are having right now, I went with the HK cause all the bugs from the 500 and 510 have been worked out with the 520. I've also had GREAT warranty service with Infinity car speakers so if anything goes wrong with the HK, I'm expecting/hoping for the same service and treatment. Enjoy your new receiver!!

Dan_C

Agent
Another happy AVR 520 owner...$525 is a great deal. I bought mine new for $620 a month ago. Have been very happy with the performance.

If you are worried about it running warm, you can buy one of those small clip on fans for $10 (like I did). Just plug it into the outlet in back of the receiver and it turns on when the receiver turns on. You can hide the fan pretty easily behind the receiver.

May not be necessary anyway but my receiver barely fits into an enclosed wall unit...the air circulation wasn't that great before the fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks