What's new

harman avr 310 (1 Viewer)

How is this receiver? I am considering purchasing this for my father but my only concern is the 50 watt power output. Will this put out nearly as much as his over rated 100 watt sony receiver?

Bruce-Li

Auditioning
John,

I would recommend hearing one for oneself if at all possible, but unless you have very high wattage needs, I would not worry about the 310's power. H/K measures wattage differently than some manufacturers, but believe me, the 310 is pretty damn powerful. I have one in a loft apartment that is large, but I've never even had to really push the 310 very hard. Overall, I have been very satisfied with mine and would recommend it highly.

Good luck in your search.

Bruce

Eujin

Supporting Actor
John, like Bruce I think that you'll be fine power-wise with the H/K. However, I'd recommend that you look at the 320, which is an update of the 310. I just took delivery of one yesterday and have been pretty impressed right out-of-the-box. I think they have the same basic features, but the 320 adds DPLII and component video switching--I think it's one of the best values around at $499+shipping.

Thanks a lot guys told me just what I wanted to hear :)
I have tried them out at circuit city but it was kinda pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks