What's new

Harley Quinn (1 Viewer)

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Has anyone else discovered this show?

The premise is that after yet more mistreatment by The Joker, Harley decides to dump the creep and to establish herself as the top supervillain in Gotham City to show up her "puddin'". Harley rooms with Poison Ivy, who advises her, but does not partner with her.

This Harley is much less bothered by murdering and maiming people than other versions. Conversely, Poison Ivy, a murderous psychopath in other incarnations, is here a voice of restraint and reason. If she was much more so, she'd be law-abiding. Clayface has aspirations to become an actor, and so on.

The first few episodes are about Harley's problems in assembling a crew and establishing a nemesis. This is not easy in a world that discriminates against women and against former sidekicks. But there are some humorous moments, like when Maxie Zeus compares himself to Darkseid.

It's not Batman:TAS, Superman:TAS, Justice League, or Batman: The Brave And The Bold. But it is entertaining.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Oh, it's hilarious. A bit too graphic because it can be (which is the problem with pretty much every DC property) but the dialogue and voice work are very funny.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I'm surprised to find only two postings in this thread!

I'd been hearing all sorts of good things about this series, but hadn't gotten around to watching it until last night. After watching the second episode of Star Trek: Lower Decks, I was reminded that I need to try out Harley Quinn.

I found it hysterical, and ended up bingeing the entire first season. I think I almost peed my pants when Batman gets into a fight with King Shark and pulls out a can of Bat Shark Repellent.

It's interesting in that, like Lower Decks, Harley is obviously a labor of love for nerds who find a way to mock the material while demonstrating a genuine love for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks