What's new

Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries coming 3/22 (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
as per this news item.

with all the "whats coming?", "what do you want", "what do you expect?" lists popping up, i always think of this show, but never bother to mention it.
along with JoAnna Cameron(Isis), and Cheryl Ladd, and Lynda Carter, and Lindsey Wagner...i had a major crush on Pamela Sue Martin when i was a wee lad.
i can't express how much it broke my heart to find out she was posing for Playboy, and wasn't as pure and virginal as i imagined.

one of the reasons i never really considered the thought of this show being released was because i couldn't imagine how they would release it.
i guess the answer is they won't be character-centric collections, just a regular chronological order.
i was never that big a fan of the HBs, but if it takes half a set of them to get half a set of ND (& William Schallert...yeah!), then i guess i can take it.

looking forward to the end of March

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
This is a very pleasant surprise. I'm more of a fan of Nancy than the Hardy Boys as well, but I'll take it any way they offer it. I notice that the price ($39.98, so I guess it could be found for under $30)is a bit lower than the comparative prices for the short first seasons of The A-Team, Northern Exposure, and Quantum Leap. I guess Universal has lowered their prices some, which is also welcome news.

Dave Farley

Second Unit
My sister and I watched this every week when we were kids. I'm not happy with Universal over the Quantum Leap S2 fiasco, but this is definitely a set that I'll pick up as long as everything turns out fine. Good news.

StacyV

Second Unit
I was a big Hardy Boys fan around the time this series aired, had a few of the books as well. Even though I remember that these shows existed, I don't recall any specifics (locations, supporting characters, etc.) about them at all. The mention of the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries tv series would more likely bring to mind for me seeing Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy in each issue of Teen Beat magazine I had back then. It'll be fun to see these shows again after so many years. Looking forward to it.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
This will be worth getting for me! Season 1 is the only one that made some attempt to emulate the books with supporting characters like Chet Morton and Callie Shaw. Only one HB episode "Mystery Of Witch's Hollow" gets most of its plot from one of the books (#41-"Clue Of The Screeching Owl"). By a freak coincidence, that episode was the first HB one I ever saw and that book was the first HB one I ever read as a child.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I haven't even thought of this series in a many, many years. I will definitely be getting this set... I have many fond memories as a kid sitting back watching this show... but I don't remember much of anything about the episodes themselves. I was real young when this show originally aired (between 8 and 10) I will get this set for no other reason then nostalgia of course... but I do hope the show holds up some now a day. I haven't seen this since it first aired... don't remember ever seeing it come up in syndication.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully David Gates and Bread won't hold out for extra royalties....

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Hi, all, from a new member.

I too was a fan of the HB/ND series and had forgotton about that series until reading the DVD release info on Gord's TV/DVD site. I'm looking forward to this one as well.

Hey, Paul, I agree, especially about Lindsay Wagner, since I'm also a BIG "bionic" series fan :)

- Jeff Willis

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Jeff's posts about how great TSoD is are all going to my head! This is what my skull looks like about now:

:D Thanks, Jeff...Gord and I appreciate it!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Hey, all.

Kudos for Universal releasing the HB/ND series. As for this quote from Dave L....

Hey, it's just "telling it like it is". :) :) . There's no doubt that your TV/DVD site is tapping into a proven consumer market that's "exploding" with all of these great TV/DVD releases! You were sure right about the recommendation regarding HTF. These guys flat KNOW their subject! It's a kick reading these posts and participating!

Catch y'all later over on TVshowsONDVD.com :)

- Jeff Willis (counting down till those "bionic" TV series releases :) )

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I hope you got over your broken heart when you hit puberty Paul :)

That was the first issue of Playboy that I got my hands on (I stole it from my cousin). I got a whupin' but it was totally worth it.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

i hit puberty full force a couple months later and suddenly had a newfound appreciation for her work.
that cover is still one of the sexiest i've ever seen-
on any magazine.
ever.

i was surprised to see that she only did 11 episodes of the show (or something close to that) and that included 2 crossover episodes with the HB.
i only vaugely remember her replacement, but she didn't stick around long either.

it would be nice if Universal throws in at least one of the crossover episodes as a bonus.

Jeff, i'm (im)paitently waiting for word on the Bionic shows too.
i would have thought for sure after the blurb in the booklet, followed by the dvd promo ("coming in 2004!"), we would have gotten a street date by now, but the feeling i get is that these shows will be saved for late in the year-probably Oct-Dec.
at least there was an 'official' statement, from one of the company suits that they were being worked on (back at an event for the release of the Buck Rogers set).
hopefully these two will avoid the Rockford syndrome.

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
Here it is from DVDTimes:

This two-disc set features all 14 Season One episodes including the Pilots presented in the original Full Frame aspect ratio with English Stereo audio and optional English, French and Spanish subtitles. There are no bonus features on the discs, but you will find a collectible Shaun Cassidy poster in the set!
Cover Art

I'm not too thrilled about the "I Love the 70's" look to it, but hey.

tammyTam

Auditioning
It's great surpise that there releasing Hardy boys/ Nancy Drew.I cant wait until March 22. Know if only they would bring out Voyagers. That one of my favorite show from childhood. I have all episodes and movie but still be great to see it released. Take care! Tammy

Jason-D

Agent
I saw this set on the shelf at BB yesterday and read the back. There is a tiny notice that says "Music may be different than original broadcast" meaning of course that some of the music has been changed. What music rights could there have been a problem with? It says on the front of the box that Shaun Cassidy's "hits" are included.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Oy vey, here we go again with Universal concealing this kind of information until after the discs are out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks