What's new

HARDWARE on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I'm thrilled to see this cult classic finally land on DVD, but I haven't seen anything about it in the usual review circles. Anybody?

Randall Dorr

Second Unit
From DVDfile:
In other Buena Vista news, only a mere few days before its scheduled release, the studio has canceled the release of the sci-fi cult favorite Hardware. No reason was given for the cancellation, and watch this space for any further news...
Sorry, man.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT....THIS IS WHAT YOU GET....THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT....THIS IS WHAT YOU GET....THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT....THIS IS WHAT YOU GET....THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT....THIS IS WHAT YOU GET....THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT....THIS IS WHAT YOU GET....

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I have seen mention on a few Web sites that the 1990 sci-fi film Link Removed was (or will be) released on DVD. However, I can't find any definitive word on whether or not this is actually available or when it will be available. Do any of you know anything about this DVD release?

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
My search of this forum didn't turn up that thread for some reason. After reading through the posts at both of those links, I'll have to say I'm quite disappointed. I really like that movie and would love to be able to replace my crappy VHS copy. Oh well... maybe someday.

Thanks for the info.

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Any new news about this eventually being released? I was just thinking about this movie and wondered if it was out on DVD and found this thread through a search, but it's a bit old.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
well, either the DVDs are in storage somewhere or they just never made them and waited until now to announce it.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I just found this auction on ebay for a DVD of the 1990 film, Hardware.

Link to eBay auction removed by administrator

I just wondered what makes it worth $186 as it only gets a vote of 5.1 on imdb, although it does mention that it was edited for an R rating so I assume this DVD is uncut.

Has anyone seen this and if so, is it worth it for a horror fan to try & track down this DVD online?

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
The film has developed something of a cult following. I saw it years ago on VHS and didn't think all that much of it, though the director did succeed in getting a lot of mileage out of a low budget, a la "The Terminator".

It was supposed to come out on DVD in R1 a year or so ago, but the release was pulled at the last minute. Don't know about R2, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's a bootleg.

Ralph Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
I have a (I believe) German R2 edition of this movie under its international title, M.A.R.K.-13. It's P&S and the transfer is not great, but I believe it's a legit copy.

I purchased the disc from Diabolik DVD for well under that price.

Will K

Screenwriter
It sure as hell isn't worth $186, although it's watchable as far as late 80's sci-fi fodder goes.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I vaugely remember this movie and the thing I remembered that was cool about it was the soundtrack. I actually owned it on cassette, and it had some Ministry songs on it.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I saw this years ago on VHS, thought it was a lousy movie. I probably wouldn't pay more than 2-3 bucks if anything for it.

Corey Hall

Agent
I think it only had one Ministry song: Stigmata. It also had the previously referred to PiL song The Order of Death. Most of the soundtrack from what I remember was score. I've lost the tape since. This was the movie that got me into Ministry. When I first saw the movie in the theater, I thought GWAR was Ministry since they show GWAR footage with Ministry music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eathree
Recent bookmarks