What's new

Hardcastle & McCormick S1 coming in February (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Before starting this thread i did a search and was unable to find a single thread about h&m. This is one i have been waiting on forever, even if it sounds like a canadian only releasethis will be mine! Anyone else gonna pick this up come February ?

Hopefully Matt Houston and The Fall Guy announcement's are not far behind!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
David: Cool!, atleast somebody is. I am surprised that there are not more fans of this show. The show was superb fun!

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I love this show and will be breaking my no Canada rule, I have been burned several times from there but I will try once more and go the safer route with amazon.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
This is a show I'm planning to add to my collection. Who's the best Canadian online store to deal with?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I will probably be ordering it from Amazon.CA if they carry it. As i am not really aware of what canadian sites are reliable and whatnot.

Tory

Real Name
Tory
I'm going the amazon route too. Don't order it from a place that charges the moment you order you may lose your money and never get the item, lousy nowplaying247.

Phyll

Stunt Coordinator
H and M rules!! Do you think there will be a US release of this show. What these dumb studios don't realize is that there is a market for shows like this. I love this show!!! Bring on more seasons!!! This show had one thing going for it that today's lousy crime dramas don't have and that is HUMOR!!!! Duh!!! If you do buy from Canada will it play on my dvd player. It says it only plays region 1 or something. I don't know too much about stuff like this. Thank you. I can't believe there are still people out there who remember this show.

Tory

Real Name
Tory
All parts of the world are broken up into Regions for DVD distribution, Unless you have a Region Free Player, Region 1 will only play in Region 1, Region 2 in Region2 and so on and then you have the difference between NTSC and PAL. some have NTSC(like US, Canada, Japan) and the rest have PAL (like Europe, Austrsalia).

Regardless of this Canada and the US are both Region 1 NTSC so if you live in the US you should be able to play this.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
It's been about a month since we heard the set was coming in february. I was wondering if anyone has heard a specific street date yet ? Dave anything new ?

I am desperate to buy this!

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
None of the usual places even have a listing for this yet. Does VEI have a website?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Thank's to David Lambert's new update on tvshowsondvd.com we now know the street date is Feb 14th. It is mentioned that it will not start appearing for pre-order till close to the street date. Keep an eye on TVshowsonDVD.com updates they will let us know when it's available to order.

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
The price is almost too good to be true. I wonder what they've done to it? (Not that there's any way I'd remember anyway.)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I have the set sitting right here (it does exist), though I haven't seen the show before so I have nothing to compare it to. I'll try and have a review up soon, especially since this isn't something most people can pick up locally.

They're in 3 slim cases; 1 is a single-slim with a booklet, and the others are double-slims.

Gord

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Gord you lucky SOB! ...

This has been one of my biggest wants since day 1. I have my order in with Amazon.ca but i can't wait to get my hands on this great show. I will be interested to see what you think of it and if the video quality is up to par with other 80's sets of the same timeframe. Enjoy!

Drive!!!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Gord: Thanks for the review, good job and glad you liked it! I upgraded my shipping at amazon.ca to priority to get this in 2 to 3 day's. I am actually paying more in shipping than i am for the set (ok not really but it seems that way, expensive shipping from amazon.ca). My total is like $32 change US Dollars. The cheapest shipping they offer had the total at $26 change so for six bucks more it seems worth it for 2 to 3 days compared to 10 to 18 days.

Oh i almost forgot i had a quick question. Is the theme song used prior to each episode or did they cut that out of some of the episodes and just show the intro bits ?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
There's the episode preview, then the opening credits with the theme song on each episode, though there are 3 different versions of the opening credits in the first season.

Gord

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

OK Thanks, that sounds like it should be. By different openings you mean just some of the scenes are different i take it, but the credits run the same length. If so that would be how it was originally.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Yup, that's correct. Well, technically the opening for the first 4 or 5 shows is shorter since it opens with the car revving (you see the gauge moving) and there's no opening explanation about the relationship between the two characters. The other two openings are the same length, they just feature different footage during the opening narration.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks