Hard to find stuff

Discussion in 'Music' started by Eric_Connelly, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly Second Unit

I have a bunch of odd MP3's that I now want to find on CD or some kind of high quality original.

Alot of them were covers but the first one I'm really trying to hunt down is Skinny Puppy covering Tainted Love.

Anyone ever seen it or know an outlet for odd stuff on CD?

Thanks

2. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

eric:

a quick search of dogpile found this webiste:

http://www.electricmetal.20m.com/ski...misctracks.htm

which states that:

"Skinny Puppy covering Tainted Love isn't them, it's apparently Deathline International"

more searching found that this song is found on the chaos compilation which you can purchase here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music

scroll down and you can listen to a 30 sec clip of the deathline internation song to verify that this is the correct track. good luck.

kevin t

3. Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly Second Unit

Kevin,

As a big SP fan I am almost completely positive that is them covering the song. I'm going nothing more on how it sounds, the vocals, etc but I could be wrong.

I did listen to the portion on Amazon and its close, in fact it sounds pretty much like the same song but the intro is different and the voices are for sure not the same, this is a much softer version of the song.

The instrumental is almost indentical but there are a few things missing. Its pretty close and I guess someone who was VERY motivated could 'turn' it into a Skinny Puppy song with a little bit of editing and punching up the vocals.

I'd be half tempted to just buy the CD to make a one on one comparison but not at $19.00 and no used versions available. I'll check ebay.

Thanks

4. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

you can go to the skinny puppy website and click on discography. there's an exhaustive list you can check over. i haven't heard the mp3 you have so i can't compare it to the amazon track. however, i do know that amazon tracks are SUPER compressed and they sound like they're played underwater compared to the original track. good luck in your hunt.

kevin t