What's new

Hard time deciding on which SVS Sub to get.............. (1 Viewer)

Scott_E

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Tom!! I guess I really didnt know what to think earlier but now I'm pretty sure I ordered the right thing!! I sent you another email to go ahead and send me the 16-46 as planned. Thanks for all your help, I believe you still have all my shipping information and everything you need to ship it to me. Thanks again for helping with all my repetative questions and such!!

Scott_E

Stunt Coordinator
Im really really sorry to be sending all these emails and posts out to you guys but I just checked into some things and it looks like Im going to get the 20-39. I know I just sent all of you an email regarding me getting the 16-46, but upon further inspection it looks like I have to get the 20-39. If indeed you have already shipped it then everything will still be ok, but if you can change it now, then please do. Please. Im really sorry to bother you fellahs with all my questions and changing my mind this way and that, but I am now dead set on getting the 20-39 for personal reasons regarding money. Thank you
Mac.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
No problem Scott/mac(?)
Your 20-39cs should will be shipping out in about 15 hours.
just dont change your mind anymore... :)
TV

Scott_E

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm. Well it seems Im getting conflicting info from you and ron then. From what I gathered from your post, It seems as though I wouldnt need to re-order the 20-39, but Ron told me that he would cancel my order and then I would need to reorder the 20-39 myself. Anyway, I did what Ron said just to make sure. I used a different card as well. So please, as much as I would like to have two subs, dont send both!! My wife would kill me!! Please get back to me....

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,
Not to worry. All is undercontrol and your 20-39CS should go out today.
As indicated above, and the fact the 20-39 is our best seller, you WILL love this sub, that's a promise.
It's early, but crack a beer, download the manual off our CS web page and get a fresh battery for your SPL meter.
P.S. I keep missing it, what amp are you planning to run the CS with (I don't mean your processor/receiver but the power amp for the sub, sorry if you mentioned this here or elsewhere)??
I assume you have a Dolby Digital receiver but missed that in your e-mail traffic too. Needless to say (I'm sayin' it anyway) both a separate power amp AND a Dolby Digital receiver are needed for the sub you ordered. Every once in a while we get someone trying to plug a passive CS sub into their subwoofer output jack of their surround receiver.
Doh!
Ron

Scott_E

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all your help Ron. I just got an email from Erik saying that everything is worked out on yall's end (texas talk) but he said he wasnt sure if it would go out today or monday. I'm hoping today as I would like to have it by the first of the week. But alas if not, its fine by me. I appreciate you working all this stuff out with me. Thank you for all your help. I hope it ships today!!!!!

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
OK Scott. Listen to me. Noone else matters. You will do exactly as I say. You will love the 20-39. Say it with me....I will love the 20-39.
:D
Seriously, I have a pair of 20-39's in a 3000 cu' room and they easily extend below 20Hz...no question. When you get your sub, play the Monsters Inc. sneak peek off the Toy Story 2 DVD. Turn it UP and wait for the knock at the door. That knock shakes the whole room. I believe it's in the 10Hz range. My coffee table vibrates...I'm not talking some wimpy pager like vibration, It's more like - don't leave your drinks on the table cause they are gonna end up on the floor type stuff.
Sean
edit
I just wanted to clarify that you aren't going to get 10Hz from your 20-39, but it will play as low as it can go (which is plenty low). Also, I just received the sweep disc I got from www.stryke.com and I have learned many interesting things. I highly suggest picking it up.
[Edited last by Sean Parque on September 07, 2001 at 07:27 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks