1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Hard Target & DTS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg Robinson, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Greg Robinson

Greg Robinson Stunt Coordinator

Greg R
    Hi there. Maybe my memory is rusty, but wasn't Hard Target with Van Damme one of the first films to be released theatrically with DTS? I have a memory of watching that movie and being totally blown away by its sound. I see that Universal has it on DVD and it's an old release with only Dolby Digital. Anyone else out there think this could use a re-release? After all, it IS John Woo. And while we're talking about Van Damme, Hard Target and Timecop are two of the only films of his that I liked and I see that Timecop didn't even get a WIDESCREEN release! Come on Universal...
    OK, I have officially tipped my hand and shown that my taste in film has varied depths. [​IMG]

2. Gruson

Gruson Second Unit

I know for a fact that Timecop was one of the first DTS movies. It sounded incredible in the theater and on LD.

I would love a DTS version DVD...as for Hard Target, I am not sure.

3. Greg Robinson

Greg R
    aha! another fan of silly Van damage. [​IMG]

4. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

The DTS LDs for Timecop and Hard Target sound great [​IMG]
    though I did pick up the R4 dvd of Timecop just b/c it was anamorphic, and has a considerably better picture than the LD.

5. Jonathan Burk

Jonathan Burk Second Unit

Jonathan Burk
    As a point of history, Jurassic Park was the first film released with DTS, Heart and Souls the second. Hard Target was released a few months later, and also had DTS. Timecop didn't come out until over a year later.
    DTS for the home isn't the same as DTS in the theater, and the presence of one doesn't indicate the need for the other.

6. Greg Robinson

Greg R
    thanks for the info guys. Hey Matt - what are you using for a region-free player if you don't mind me asking? Where did you pick up the R4 Timecop?

7. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I just want widescreen TimeCop. It's the only Van Damme film I like except Bloodsport

8. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

Greg,
    I use a HTPC, and got Timecop for ~$16 USD shipped from http://www.atlanticdvd.com.au/. I also snagged True Lies, Sneakers, and Happy Gilmore (all anamorphic widescreen) for similar cost.