What's new

Hard Rock fans---Disturbed's new album, September 16th!!! (1 Viewer)

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I have been a Disturbed fan for the last 2 years now. Their original album "The Sickness" was/is an absolutely amazing album, filled to the the brim with kickass songs. I've rocked out WAY to many time to this thing.
The album was worth buying just for Stupify and Down with the Sickness.
Their newest song Prayer is making it's rounds right now, and it gets me pumped but the true jems are [BIntoxication[/b] and Bound.
If you have the first album, you can go to their website
www.disturbed1.com and hear all three of these songs. Just gotta put the cd in your cd-rom drive and click on the link on the first page.
All three of these songs are good enough to make me buy the album on the 16th, let alone what other songs they have come up with.
ROCK ON.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Ryan, thanks for the info.
I thought Disturbed's last album was pure brilliance. I pop it in from time to time and am amazed at how good it is. I think these guys and Sevendust are the best two bands on the hard rock scene today. These new tracks sound very good, especially "prayer" and I'm looking forward to picking this up on the 17th...thanks for the tip.:emoji_thumbsup:

Eric T

Second Unit
I just picked up The Sickness, not realizing it was already a couple years old. It's great. I will be picking up the new one for sure.

I like Sevendust too, but as for the "best" hard rock bands around today, I would have to say that Tool tops my list. Those guys are brilliant. Listen to the live versions of Pushit or Third Eye from the Salival DVD/CD set...it doesn't get much better than that. I had the pleasure of seeing them live a couple of months ago and I was blown away.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Tool, but don't consider them to have the same style as Sevendust or Disturbed. I wouldn't say Tool is heavier, but they are less formulaic and unpredictable. They belong in a class by themselves. Not Hard Rock, but more of a Metal/Jazz fusion type stuff.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Heh, of all the popular bands, Tool is the only I rank as a "favorite," but Disturbed is the only other one I actually like. I don't think they're brilliant musicians or anything, but damn if they ain't got the catchy hooks, a singer with a lot of personality, and a kicking beat.

I still have to pick up their first album and look forward to the new one, too. I like the single, though it seems a little more serious and toned down then the cheesy but fun metal posturings of Sickness.

NP: Marillion, Live at Caracas

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
Disturbed definitely kicks all kinds of ass around the block. Their last album is one of my favorite music CDs of all time. I base this off the fact you can listen to it all the way through without skipping a track. Excellent CD.
I loved Disturbed's version of Forsaken from "The Queen of the Damned" soundtrack. Always thought that should've been a hit video or something.

john_focal

Agent
hmm... I'm actually not a huge fan of Disturbed (I tend to think they rip themselves off, Sevendust is really guilty of this also), but damn does Prayer have one of the tastiest guitar riffs I've heard in quite some time. I'll wait to hear more of the disc before I pick it up.

Tool is damn good. There is a live DVD of them???????

Eric T

Second Unit
john_focal,
The Salival disc set includes a DVD with their videos from Undertow and Aenema, and a CD which contains some live tracks and studio tracks. The live versions of the songs I mentioned are on the CD.

As far as I know, the only way to see a live Tool performance is to go to one of their shows, if you can get tickets before they sell out!

Kevin T

Screenwriter
I'm actually not a huge fan of Disturbed
finally, i'm not alone on this. i think disturbed is highly over-rated and ever since i saw them live, i've hated them. i could not stand to watch their lead singer prancing and posteuring all over the stage. it was almost like, "look at me, i'm metal!" i remember when mudvayne opened for them in new orleans. i'm so glad i left the show after mudvayne got off!

kevin t

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
I bought the new Disturbed yesterday. Had high hopes for it since I loved their first one. I think this one is a real disappointment. Only a couple decent songs IMO. Definitely didn't hit me like The Sickness. It may have to grow on me.

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I can understand why some people don't like Disturbed, they are very repetitive. I guess the phrase if it ain't broke don't fix it. fits well here. I actually like the fact that Disturbeds' songs are more on the similar side. Take another band I like P.O.D., their songs, for the most part are very different. So different to the point that I love some songs and hate others.
Since I like the sound style that Disturbed has, I like 90% of the songs on their first disc. Every song except "enemy" I like on The Sickness.
It's the same with the band Saliva. They are not as repetitive as Disturbed, but a lot of their songs have a similar style, two of them (7&8 or 8&9)start off almost exactly the same.
Well, even if 5 of the songs are good on the new Disturbed cd, it'll be worth it to me.
Saliva's new disc comes out November 12th. That's the main one I am looking forward too. Saliva blew me away with Your Disease and Superstar.
What are some of your guys favorite hard rock cd's?

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Favorite Hard Rock CD's

In my player right now is Course of Nature's "Superkala"...great disk, highly underrated band. Very tight with great grooves. You might recognize their first single "Caught in the Sun" which has pretty much flown under the hard rock radar.

I really like Adema's self titled disk...that's a good one. Stay away from Earshot's new album. Their one big hit sounds very much like Tool, but beside that song and one other the album is a bust IMO.

The new disk from Trust Company is a big winner in my opinion. Very aggressive and surprisingly good...from start to finish. I also like the new album from Nonpoint "Development" very much. Not quite as heavy as their debut, but heavy nontheless. Their first single "Your Signs" is not indicitive of the rest of the album. It's much more hooky than the rest of the album and more radio friendly. I realize why they released it as a single and I like the song, but it's kinda out of place on the album.

That's my hard rock rotation right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks