What's new

Hard Rain - Region 2 - Japan (1 Viewer)

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator
Well, according to this Link Removed Hard Rain(aka The Flood), the Japanese Region 2 version, is full bitrate dts. If this is wrong, please let me know, because I plan on buying this disc from cdjapan.

One more thing, is this version anamorphic? Cdjapan lists it as being "16:9/LB Cinemascope."

Thanks for any information you can provide relating to this topic.

Bill Geiger

Second Unit
Justin...it is anamorphic! It may also be full bitrate as well. I am awaiting a reply from a guy I trade with on how the disc looks and sounds.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
I also have this disc and I am almost sure it is full bitrate dts. My current player does not give a bitrate reading but the one I had at the time of release did and I frequently checked out bit rate. Untill recently, nearly all Japanese dts releases were full bitrate. I also recall excellent picture and sound on this disc and will try to find it to verify. I lived in Japan for 12 years and recently moved back to USA. I purchased nearly all of the unique to Japan dts titles. Some are still packed, but I will look for Hard Rain.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I believe the Korean DTS version of Hard Rain is full bit rate too, and way cheaper.

I've recently discovered that my R2J copies of Austin Powers DTS and Way of the Gun DTS are both full bit rate.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Is there a DTS Full Bitrate List? Just discovered my R2J Total Recall DTS (recent release) is full bitrate too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks