What's new

hard decisions (1 Viewer)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Brian,

Have you determined what the "resale value" is for such a switcher? Clearly, you might not want to spend $150 if you can't sell it 2 months down the road. On a $900 or $1K budget, $150 is pretty essential - even if it's just a band aid. If you were to jump on the receiver first, it would take care of your video switching needs - and avoid you having to spend $150 (plus shipping) on the said switch.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
I agree with Wayne, I wouldn't waste my money on the switcher since the Yamaha RX-V1400/RX-V2400 does video switching and component video "upconversion". If you plan to get the receiver in the near future, just wait until you get it instead of spending money on the switcher.

But, as I've said before, although the receiver will improve the sound quality, the speakers and subwoofer will still have the most profound effect.

Brian Zamen

Agent
well one benefit of the switcher is that it will handle 4 inputs

even when I get the new receiver it will not do that, I think it is a good investment, it seems to be very popular on the avs forum

In addition, if I want only one signal going to my projector I am going to have to move up to the yamaha 5790 instead of the 5760 to get upconversion to component instead of to svideo

this increases the receiver costs to $500+

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks