Harbinger

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Quillen, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

Anyone picked up Harbinger for the PC yet? I went to my local gamestop today to see if they had it in stock, and in true Gamestop fashion they still hadn't gotten their shipment in yet.

All I keep reading about this game is "Its Diablo II in space" which sounds like fun to me. Games like NWN (which consumed me for a while last semester) are great and fun, but I'm missing the basic "hack n' slash / find weapons, armor, and gold" of Diablo. Harbinger sounds like it could deliver.

Whats up with Diablo III anyway? I know Blizzard has the W3 expansion, the Warcraft III Massive Multiplayer, and Starcraft Ghost in the pipeline at the moment, but I'm getting anxious for some new Diablo action. Even news of Diablo III getting thought about by blizzard would be nice.

Anyway, anyone played Harbinger yet? Seems like its gotten decent reviews, and its being sold from their website for only $30, so I was just looking for some HTF'ers impressions to push me into buying / not buying.

JQ

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Penny Arcade gave the game some good remarks today, so I'd say it can't be all that bad.

I wouldn't be surprised to not see Diablo III anytime soon. I think Blizzard is working on getting into other genres besides RTS with World of Warcraft(which is a MMORPG), and Starcraft: Ghost(which is being developed not by Blizzard but by Nihilistic.) The other of Blizzards two teams is finishing off the Warcraft III expansion pack, so I wouldn't expect to hear anything soon.

3. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

Yeah, PA's comments today was like the millionth time I'd seen "Harbinger" and "Like Diablo II" in the same sentance, so its really what prompted me to post and ask.

JQ

4. Steve Bjorg

Steve Bjorg Stunt Coordinator

I've been playing it for the last 2 days. I think it's certainly a good deal at $20 (at CompUSA). Although, I paid $30 at EBX, I think it's still a fair price. The game is somewhat repetitive, but then again, so was Diablo. There are definitively a few minor gripes I have now with the interface, but overall I'm satisfied. Especially with the dialog, the writers have a good sense of humor. Definitively something to check out for the fans of the hack-and-slash genre.