What's new

Happy with my WinTV PVR-250 (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I picked up this card and then read some install woes about it, but I'm happy to report it installed nicely on my Athlon1700 running Win XP Pro. I Did update to all the new Drivers and Apps.

I Love this card you can interface it with Titan TV to watch or schedule recordings , No it's not Tivo ( I have one of those too) but it supports and writes to a large number of formats and is great for archiving TV shows that you might not want to splurge the big bucks for on DVD, but you may want to watch again (Dead Zone comes to mind)

The editting Software it comes with makes it easy to clip the commercials and then Burn it with Ulead Movie Factory.

It's making me seriously consider a DVD Writer now.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I already had a Tivo and I picked up the card as a way of Arching some TV stuff and saving vids from Vid camera etc. About the only thing it really cannot do is do a season pass, it will record daily weekly etc, but will not decern if the program is showing at a new time, or is a repeat etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks