What's new

Happy shopper's Sears pricematch experience (1 Viewer)

Maneesh

Stunt Coordinator
I went this Sat to Sears to buy the Kenwood HTB-504. I'd taken printouts from a no. of online retailers (none of which are on the approved pricematch list, of course) and according to the posts here, was hoping that due to the Thanksgiving crowd, I'd find a sales guy who wouldn't bother to call in and confirm.
Unfortunately, it was a very rainy day here in the Bay Area, and the place was empty! All the salespeople were around me like hungry vultures :) I ask for a PM and give the printout, he calls in, says 'no we can't match that store', I give him another one .... this went on 3-4 times, for a couple of yahoo stores, etronics etc. I was about to give up and finally tried mjshow.com - miraculously they DO match that! So my price was $379 instead of 499. On top of that I got a 10% instant discount, and the final price was 370 out the door.
I'm very happy with the system. Thanks to everyone here for the helpful posts. I wish mjshow sold tv's :frowning: but I suspect there are a lot more online stores that Sears will PM but don't advertise.

Henry Colonna

Stunt Coordinator
I had the same experience with a 504 3 weeks ago for about the same price - except that I also included an Toshiba HD-ready TV.

Maneesh

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Sean - good to see you! Yup, its hard to spend $1500+ without a paycheck :frowning:, and I wanted something NOW.
Last night I was watching Final Fantasy, and it sounds absolutely fantastic; I have to say that the sub is not very neighbor friendly :eek: (I can hear your smug laughter as you look at your dual SVS :laugh:)

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
Maneesh-
Sorry to hear about the no paycheck thing :frowning:
At least you've got something to watch movies on and you can still get the Diva set up when the $$ starts rolling in!
Good luck with the job search and of course, you are always welcome to come over on movie night...
Sean
/edit
bad font...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks