Happy shopper's Sears pricematch experience

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Maneesh, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Maneesh

Maneesh Stunt Coordinator

I went this Sat to Sears to buy the Kenwood HTB-504. I'd taken printouts from a no. of online retailers (none of which are on the approved pricematch list, of course) and according to the posts here, was hoping that due to the Thanksgiving crowd, I'd find a sales guy who wouldn't bother to call in and confirm.
    Unfortunately, it was a very rainy day here in the Bay Area, and the place was empty! All the salespeople were around me like hungry vultures [​IMG] I ask for a PM and give the printout, he calls in, says 'no we can't match that store', I give him another one .... this went on 3-4 times, for a couple of yahoo stores, etronics etc. I was about to give up and finally tried mjshow.com - miraculously they DO match that! So my price was $379 instead of 499. On top of that I got a 10% instant discount, and the final price was 370 out the door.
    I'm very happy with the system. Thanks to everyone here for the helpful posts. I wish mjshow sold tv's [​IMG] but I suspect there are a lot more online stores that Sears will PM but don't advertise.

2. Henry Colonna

Henry Colonna Stunt Coordinator

I had the same experience with a 504 3 weeks ago for about the same price - except that I also included an Toshiba HD-ready TV.

3. SkiingNinja

SkiingNinja Second Unit

Maneesh! Thought you were going to get the Divas! Job market that bad?
    Sean

4. Maneesh

Maneesh Stunt Coordinator

Hi Sean - good to see you! Yup, its hard to spend $1500+ without a paycheck [​IMG], and I wanted something NOW.
    Last night I was watching Final Fantasy, and it sounds absolutely fantastic; I have to say that the sub is not very neighbor friendly [​IMG] (I can hear your smug laughter as you look at your dual SVS [​IMG])

5. SkiingNinja

SkiingNinja Second Unit

Maneesh-
    Sorry to hear about the no paycheck thing [​IMG]
    At least you've got something to watch movies on and you can still get the Diva set up when the $$ starts rolling in!
    Good luck with the job search and of course, you are always welcome to come over on movie night...
    Sean
    /edit
    bad font...