Happy Rhodes tours! A voice to die for...

Discussion in 'Music' started by Vickie_M, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

(Edit: Tonight! Martyrs in Chicago! You will be impressed, I promise. 8:30pm. No opening act.)

I'm a long-time Happy Rhodes fan (since 1988) and she's never toured before, and may never again. She's an independant artist with 10 wonderful albums, a day job, no record label, no agent, no manager, let alone a tour manager. She's setting up live dates by herself (with the help of fans along the way).

Yes, she's just about as indie as indie can get!

If you live in any of these cities, please, do whatever you have to do to catch the show there. I'm serious, to hear her voice, live, coming out of an actual human being, is an AMAZING experience. Musically, she's more in the unclassifiable vein of Kate Bush/Tori Amos/Sarah McLachlan, rather than folk, pop, country or rock.

If you want to hear her voice to know what I'm talking about, go to http://vickie.teemingmillions.com/ha...les/index.html and download any song (she knows I share her music and is ok with it, btw).

Her songs range from acoustic voice and guitar to heavily electronic, so if you don't like one you might like another. The point is to just hear her voice. Now imagine that voice live in a small intimate setting. Wow.

Nov. 1 Philadelphia, PA Tin Angel
    Nov. 4 New York, NY The Bottom Line
    Nov. 5 Denville, NJ Urban Muse
    Nov. 6 Harrisburg, PA Second Floor Gallery
    Nov. 7 Pittsburgh, PA Quiet Storm Coffeehouse
    Nov. 8 Cleveland, OH Beachland Ballroom
    Nov. 9 Toledo, OH House Concert - Lynn Garrett (write [email protected] to reserve a spot)
    Nov. 11 Kenosha, WI House Concert - Chip Lueck (write [email protected] to reserve a spot)
    Nov. 12 Chicago, IL Martyrs

I'll be at the last three! If more dates are added in the future, I'll update. I know she wanted to continue on to the west coast, but I don't know if she's gotten any venues or house concerts past Chicago.

(Disclaimer: I have no professional ties to Happy, I'm just a besotted fan)

2. MikeDeVincenzo

MikeDeVincenzo Stunt Coordinator

Vickie

Holy crap, she's coming to DENVILLE?! Now I'm interested [​IMG]

3. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

4. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

Tonight! Martyrs in Chicago! You will be impressed, I promise. 8:30pm. No opening act.

We just saw her play house concerts in Toledo and Kenosha, and it's just mesmerizing to be in the same room with that voice! I can't get any more enthusiastic. I realize she's not on a label and people tend to think that if they've never heard of someone, they don't much matter. But all the great artists started out as unknown, and some lucky people got to see them in small clubs, in an intimate setting, and don't we just envy them?

5. Bob Turnbull

Bob Turnbull Supporting Actor

Do tell how the show went...I don't know a great deal about her, but the 10-15 tunes I've heard from her are fabulous. Kate Bush is a pretty good starting point, though her music isn't a copy by any stretch.

Any idea if her tour will continue? Don't suppose a Canadian sweep might be a possibility?