Happy HK 520 guy!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg Kolinski, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Greg Kolinski

Greg Kolinski Second Unit

I had previously owned a JVC 801 DD receiver,lots of bells and whistle for the money[​IMG] speaker wise I am using for fronts 2 older Acoustic Research TSW 510 tower's and a M&K 750 for center,rears are some OLD Stark di-poles,they are tanks!![​IMG] anything less then thrown out off a car at 50 MPH probably wouldn't hurt them[​IMG] At first bought an Onkyo 600,a few of you might remember my "panic"posts about 4 OHM speakers etc.So ended up with a HK 520.Before all this I couldn't comprehend how a receiver that just cost more then my JVC would sound any better,it had all the stuff?
    WOW .....I am truly amazed what a really good receiver can do for a system[​IMG] I was on the verge of buying all new speakers,thinking they were the source of my being dissatisfied.Well.....after the HK ,the speaker issue went away[​IMG]
    I wish I could thank everyone individually for all the help on my "newbie"posts,this forum saved me a bunch of unnecessary spending
    Only problem,now I head to this site first when I do Internet,not the drag racing boards[​IMG] Problem,Im not sure if this isn't going to be an even more expensive hobby[​IMG]
    So thanks to everyone who took the time to answer all my "newbie"posts[​IMG]

2. Jeffrey R

Jeffrey R Stunt Coordinator

Congrats on the 520. I have had mine for a couple of months now, and paired with my Axiom speakers, I am in constant music and home theater happiness. Particularly at these reduced prices, it's a great receiver.

3. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

Welcome to the 520 club Greg! Nice lil' receiver, ain't it?
    I have mine hooked up as a pre/pro feeding a Rotel RMB-1075 amp and things sound even better. BTW, I also have Axiom speakers...interesting[​IMG].
    Good purchase and good luck!

4. rick_perez

rick_perez Auditioning

I think i'll be getting the 520 soon myself, (within the month). the prices are getting low enough that it too good to pass by.

I've had a Kenwood Vr-507 for almost two years, and its served me well, but i'm ready for an upgrade.

5. Steve K.H.

Steve K.H. Supporting Actor

Congrats...!
    6 months of research took me to the same place...
    ...oh and welcome to the moneypit[​IMG]