Happy Halloween Everyone!
------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
..And a belated Happy Halloween to you too!
Today, November 1st is also "bring in their leftover candy to work day"
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Jay
------------------
HUGBEES!
Certified HTF bike nut and mayor of
Obscuria.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
uuuuggghhhh.... Me and my kid are on a "sugar hangover"....
She had a tough time getting out of bed this AM. Thank gosh I have the day off.
I always swear I won't eat all her "I don't like" candy, but it keeps pulling me in.... Don't look into the light !!!! But it's a Butterfinger in there !!! I can't resist.....
mmmmmm.... Snickers for breakfast anyone ?

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Did anyone else have a significant drop-off in their number of trick-or-treater's last night? Ours were down about 85% from past years. It was eerily quiet for Halloween.
eek.gif

------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Actually, we had about the same as last year, a grand total of 8. Last year I think we had 9. The year before that was like a record low of 2.
I happen to live on a hill which most kids don't want to walk up. (The idea of working for your candy is lost upon this generation!) Plus the fact that even if you DO walk up our hill, our road is a sidestreet off this hill and out of the way of any thru traffic.
Jay

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
From what I could see, trick or treating was way down in Manhattan. Not surprising.
M.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I think the explanation for the decline in trick or treaters is obvious.
Anthrax in your childs bag anyone, sure it's potentially deadly, but I hear it tasts like pixy stick dust.
Terrorists fucked everything up!
furious.gif

Happy Belated Halloween BTW! :)
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and women of our military and their families!
[Edited last by John Williamson on November 01, 2001 at 08:27 AM]
[Edited last by John Williamson on November 01, 2001 at 08:28 AM]

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Did anyone else have a significant drop-off in their number of trick-or-treater's last night?
We got about 40 kids. Pretty much the same as the last few years. When I was a kid, you couldn't close the door because there was a constant stream of trick-or-treaters. I remember walking down the street and the neighborhood was full of so many kids, cars couldn't get through. We had to stand in line at some houses because there were so many of us. And none of us went with our parents. Even at 6 years old, we were trick-or-treating by ourselves. It was no big deal.
Not anymore. Almost every kid that came to my door had a parent standing on the sidewalk with mace and a cellphone in their nervous hands. (anyone else listen to Bob & Tom? :) ) Many were actually DRIVING their kids door to door.
Things just aren't the same anymore...
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
We had a significant number of "visitors" last night. I live in a small town with a large hispanic population and they were out in DROVES..... even banging on the door after the lights were out and candy was gone.....
The following is not a racist statement... just an observation.
The hispanics were the larger percentage of trick or treaters last night with the other percentage being blacks. No whites came to our door.... (we live in a predominately white neighborhood). We gladly welcomed and treated all the same. I noticed that over half the visitors were grown kids and after giving handfuls of candy to all, a group of blacks still walked by my vehicle and pounded it even though I was only 10 feet away and watching. This was a group that wasn't even dressed for halloween. I find it sad that grown kids are out for a dual purpose.... the candy and the whatever damage they can get away with.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Halloween was dead over here in the U.K.
It has never been as big as in the USA which is a real shame but we usually have a fair share of trick or treaters. This year there were 3, yes 3.
I would love to be in the USA for Halloween
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Sarah S

Second Unit
We got a few this Halloween... One thing I noticed was a disturbing trend of not knocking on the door. What is up with that? I could hear the group getting closer to the door & chatting with each other, then going away. I would open the door, & tell each group "If you don't knock, you're not likely to get candy."
------------------
"A day job...in an office? My worst nightmare!"-Tick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks