What's new

Happy Gilmore, Tommy Boy, Billy Madison & Black Sheep (1 Viewer)

Brad M

Second Unit
I almost lump all these movies together so I just made one big thread.

I noticed that "Black Sheep" is coming out on July 16th. I love this movie and am not afraid to say it. If anyone has any info. as to what is on the disc and if it is in OAR please pass it along.

I was watching "Billy Madison" on tv a few days ago and noticed that they had added in some cut scenes. Are these on the dvd? Also I'd love to hear your opinions/reviews of Tommy Boy & Happy Gilmore.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Tommy Boy - solid video/audio (anamorphic, 5.1) with just a trailer
Happy Gilmore - P&S only, 5.1, with production notes and a trailer (in need of a full-blown SE in widescreen!)
Billy Madison - I don't own yet, but it's anamorphic/5.1 with a few trailers. It doesn't have the Kickball scene that airs in the USA television version.

and Black Sheep will be an OAR/5.1 Paramount DVD coming soon, with at most a trailer. SRP is only $24.99. If it's like Tommy Boy, then it won't disappoint in terms of audio/video.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Black Sheep will be an OAR/5.1 Paramount DVD coming soon, with at most a trailer. SRP is only $24.99.
only $24.99? Yeah, I know that is lower than Paramount's ridiculous $29.99 MSRPs of the recent past, but still, with no extras this movie should not be priced at over $20. If MGM released it it would be that or maybe even $14.95. Paramount still needs to lower their prices.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Glenn, I agree. $24.99 is less than $29.99, but I'd definitely prefer if Paramount gave us MGM-type prices. :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Martin G

Second Unit
Happy gilmore is actually open matte. Its still not OAR, but at least you don't miss anything.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
What's hilarious is that my local Costco (and, I'm sure, every Costco in the chain) has copies of Happy Gilmore right now - the fullscreen version, you can see it plainly marked on the back of the DVD keepcase - in stock that are in a yellow cardboard sleeve, and the top of the sleeve says "Widescreen" plain as day.
I informed the local supervisor of this, and sent an e-mail to corporate as well. Told them it pretty much amounted to false advertising, and they might want to throw a sticker over that, or just get a big black pen and mark through it. Understanding, of course, that it wasn't their fault: they received the product that way from Universal. But it's their customers who will be upset if they buy it on false pretenses.
So what happened about this? A week later, and no change. :rolleyes:Ah, well...I tried. It's not my problem.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I get frustrated whenver I see Gilmore in P&S only, since I want it in widescreen. Open matte or not, this movie is not getting the treatment it deserves.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Well, with the recent reissue of Sea of Love, and the upcoming reissue of Babe - both old P&S only titles getting new 16x9 transfers - there's a glimmer of hope for a WS Happy Gilmore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks