Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison SEs on 8/31

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Universal Home Video will release The Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison Collection on August 31st.

The set will feature new special editions of the two Adam Sandler films. No details have been released yet other than the fact that the collection will be released in separate anamorphic widescreen and fullscreen editions. Retail on each will be $27.98.

jonathan_govols

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
The only thing I've ever double dipped on before was Terminator 2. Now I'm ready to double dip again! GREAT NEWS! Now come on WB release Ace Ventura/Ace 2 in a similar special edition package and I'll be set.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
This is great news! I've been holding off on these titles, especially the P&S Happy Gilmore. I will buy these on release day. I also agree with Jonathan. WB bring on an OAR Ace Ventura!

Joseph S

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Finally a possible replacement for the Happy Gilmore WS DTS LD!!!

Richard Travale

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Rich Travale
Well, I guess I'll be double dipping on the Billy Madison dvd. I never bought the Happy Gilmore for obvious reasons. Hopefully I can dupe some into buying my Billy Madison dvd.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Website
www.joshuasplace.net
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
This is great news! Happy Gilmore is only available in Pan & Scan, so this is another one we can cross off the list. Thanks for the news Patrick. If it wasn't for HTF, I wouldn't have any news to post on Widescreen Advocate.

WillG

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Hoping these will finally include the extra television scenes. Good to see that "Happy Gilmore" will apparently, finally be available in its OAR. I'll finally be able to buy it.

James L White

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
'bout time, now if Universal would release Cloak & Dagger

Chris Bardon

Cinematographer
Reaction score
I think I might just have to buy these. I think we watched happy gillmore about 50 or 60 times in our student bar back when I was in school, so it'd be worth owning a copy just for the sake of nostalgia.

Ricardo C

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Ricardo C
OAR Happy Gilmore??? It's about time!!

MarcoBiscotti

Producer
Reaction score
Wow, so will these be released seperately as individual discs? By the description, it sounds like these are being packaged either as a box-set or double-feature collection...

MarcoBiscotti

Producer
Reaction score
Why does it indicate on Universal's website that these are being released in snapper cases?

GrantM

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Wow! Best news I've seen on here in a long time. Well, maybe just since they announced Batman Animated in box sets.
Anyway, definitely going to get this. I got Happy Gilmore back before I knew to check for OAR (in the dark ages of DVD - December 1999).

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
This is Unbelievable Great News!!
I already have Billy Madison but if I have to buy it to get HAPPY GILMORE in W.S. then so be it!! I cant wait.

For a while there I was wondering if there was a W.S. already somewhere. The reason is I found a W.S. version of Universal's LIAR LIAR, whereas I have only seen P.S. version in BestBuys. AND believe it or NOT I found "LIAR LIAR Anamorphic Widescreen Special Edition" at WAL-MART!!!

Again I cant wait AUGUST 2004 is going to kick my ASS!!

LOST BOYS 2Disc SE 8/10
GOODFELLAS 2Disc SE 8/17
THE PASSION 8/31

and now
HAPPY GILMORE 8/31

Not to Mention DAWN OF THE DEAD (2004) at the end of July!!

Money Happily Blown

BTW favorite quote from Happy Gilmore.....

Shooter McGavin - "I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast."

Happy Gilmore -"You eat pieces of shit?"

Shooter McGavin - "NO!!"

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Freaking finally. I have been waiting for this for over 5 years.

"There were 2 big, fat, naked bikers off in the woods having sex. How am I supposed to CHIP with that going on?!"

ZacharyTait

Cinematographer
Reaction score
SSSWWWEEEEEETTT! I have both and will happily unload both onto unsuspecting morons ( my family
) and pick these up. Can't wait to see the details of what's going to be on these discs.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supersecretjim