What's new

Happy Days reunion complete with Chuck.... (1 Viewer)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
The biggest problem with the cast of the show doing their famed chacaters now, it would never please everyone that was a fan of the series.

By now...I wouldn't figure that Joanie and Chachi wouldn't be married anymore...Ralph probably would have been killed...the diner would have been torn down to make a outlet mall...so many thing...afterall...part of the downfall of this chacaters is that while you want them to live in, there should be a bit of 'reality' as well. Though I was not the biggest fan of Happy Days, the show did try to live in the 'real world' meaning...unless it was going to turn into something like the short lived "The Brady's" did...I think that it would be a mixed bag of efforts.

I am happy to see Penny and Cindy included in this, but honestly I really wish that "Laverne and Shirley" would get the credit that it is truly do and be truly awarded for the success that it was. In all honestly, past the handful of shows that they were in, Laverne and Shirley had very little to do with the Happy Days when you get right down to it.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Another stupid re-union show. I am so tired of these things, it's just a bunch of meaningless chatter with some clips thrown in.

The only one I've seen done it right is "Return to the batcave: The misadventures of Adam and Burt", the Batman reunion TV movie. They had fun with the idea and did it sort of in character.

I wish "Happy Days" could do it in character too. Nobody really wants to hear them sit around and say how great it was working with [insert actor name here] for two hours.

/Mike

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Didnt theyhave a reunion about 5 years ago. I remember Erin Moran didnt want to do it because it was just a reunion and not an actual story. That was around the time when it was reported that she was having mental problems, so...
I guess she changed her mind

GeorgePaul

Second Unit
There was a 20th Anniversary reunion in 1994, Mikel. The most memorable thing about it was Moran refusing to appear on the show because she said her fellow "Happy Days" cast members were "evil. I pray for them."

Obviously, Erin has straightened out that little bugaboo in the ol' noggin since then. :laugh:

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Funny you posted that Rob. I *just* saw a commercial for the reunion last night, and thought of this thread. :D Thanks though!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
There's a whole article (with Pics) in the current TV guide. It has alternate Lost covers. They have the central cast in the color pics but in the actual guide area where is shows the ad it has everyone there. There are two guys I dont recognize. One must be Chuck. Anyone know who the other guy could be?

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if the reunion is in-character or is it a retrospective like what MASH did a few two and half years back?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Ok, curiosity got the best of me so I watched this cheese-fest.

As reunion shows go, it was pretty good and the producers did a good job at giving each of the main cast plenty of screen time.

The "Chuck" reunion was waaaay overblown. The two actors got about 15 to 20 seconds of screen time. That is still more than the 10 Pat Morita got.

It's too bad Al Molinaro couldn't have been given more acknowledgement. He was a fairly major part of the show.

I give the cast credit for being able to poke fun at how hokey the show became with Fonzie taking on almost magical powers and for playing a clip of when Fonzie "jumped the shark".

Steve

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I enjoyed it... although I wish Arnold could have gotten more screen time. He didn't even do that line he would always do. And you think Ted McGinley would be there for the end.

I still wish they could have done one in character... it has been 21 years since it ended which would put the show in the 80s now.

Jake Gove

Second Unit
Definitely a cheese fest, just like the original show. Scott Baio looked like he did not want to be there at all. Go back and watch some reruns of Happy Days, then watch sitcoms like Arrested Development, Scrubs, or reruns of Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond. Today's sitcoms are so much more sophisticated than those of the 70s. Happy Days appealed to me greatly as a kid, but now it's almost unwatchable because of how stupid it is.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
It may be stupid now, but you did like it as a kid, right? So why complain? Reminds me of my childhood, and that ain't too bad. When you get to my age, nostalgia isn't as overrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks