What's new

Happy Days etc. on DVD (1 Viewer)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I can't wait. Hopefully they'll also release "Joanie Loves Chachie" and the cartoon spin-offs.

I also hope that for the season of Happy Days when Mork appears, that they have the alternate scenes (it was changed for the rerun).

SteveKNJ

Stunt Coordinator
My biggest problem with Happy Days (and I was a huge fan of it in the 70s when it was new), was that it started to veer away from being a 50s based show with 50s morays to a typical family sitcom that could have taken place in any era. I always thought Happy Days origianly kind of mocked the sitcoms of the 50s in a way (Father Knows Best, Make Room for Daddy, come to mind). I felt it really jumped the shark when Fonzie moved into the attic appartment (although one of my favorite episodes happened after he did, when Fonzie teaches Richie how to get his girlfriend into bed - stage 1, stage 2, etc.). I might rent the First season for sentimental reasons to watch the episodes as they were originally showed, but probably not buy.

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
I just remembered that there is a Laverne & Shirley episode that has a major blooper in it.

I think it was the last season. Either Carmine or Laverne goes to New York City for some sort of an audition. They show a street scene that has 1980's cars and a quick shot of the World Trade Center. The thing is that this season was set in the 1960's, not the 1980's.

Will Paramount edit this out of the DVD, if that season is ever released on DVD?

I hope not.

Maybe somebody knows the exact episode and further info about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks