What's new

Happy Birthday to Seth Paxton!!! (Dated: 4/02/02) (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Hey, Seth, Happy Birthday, man.
Geez, I had no idea you were such an old geezer. :laugh:
Have a good one! :)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hey Happy Birthday Seth.:D :emoji_thumbsup:
Hang on does Seth ever pop into After Hours? Not that I blame him, it can get a bit rowdy in here, I did see him in Tournament Park once.;)
Have a pint on me Seth.:)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Rain, I was just going to comment how I am the same age as Seth.. and I always thought he was older than me.
:)
34, really? is that right?
Happy birthday anyway, man!

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Have a a happy birthday Seth! :)
Take some the day off from posting such in depth analysis and have a good time! :D

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Happy birthday, Seth. In your honor, I will host a garden party tonight. Of course, you are invited. :)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Happy biirthday buddy! 34 hey? at least i can still say you're older than me! :) have a few for me tonight! errr.... last night, depending on when you read this...

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
How lame I was to not even join in on my own birthday thread. I found it only by accident.
My apologies to all who participated almost 2 months ago with no acknowledgement from me. I haven't been coming into AH much lately for whatever reason.
Or maybe I'm just a snotty prick who didn't think you were all worthy...but lately I'm feeling needy. ;)
34, time to go modify my account info so I start going back down the ladder with next year's birthday.
Oh, and since then I got engaged on my fiance's birthday. I had to have a better gift for her 30th than the surprise party she gave me on my 30th.
So I gave her a ring AND a surprise party just so I could top her. Love based on competition, what a great idea. "oh, you think you love me, well check this out!" :D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
That's a charming story, Seth. May you have better luck in the marriage department that did I. On your wedding night, I'd suggest screening the 1968 MGM production of the Stanley Kubrick film, 2001: A Space Odyssey. What better way to spend such an occasion?

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
I'm just upset that you didn't even RSVP about the garden party. Man, that sucked. Nobody there even believed that I know you. I looked like an idiot. Curse you, Seth Paxton! A pox on both your houses! May the urine of a thousand dyspeptic cats rain mightily upon your receiver! Uh....wha?...Man.

Where am I? And what is Steve Christou's business card doing on my keyboard?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
On your wedding night, I'd suggest screening the 1968 MGM production of the Stanley Kubrick film, 2001: A Space Odyssey. What better way to spend such an occasion?
...this is exactly why one shouldn't take relationship advice from a divorced person :D
--
Holadem

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Heh, at least we don't share birthdays, Seth, otherwise I really would've been suspicious... :)
I don't know if anybody's ever been to Applebee's and heard them do their birthday song ("I don't know but I've been told/someone here is getting old/I don't know but it's been said/someone's face is turning red..."), but I heard one a few years back at the Maryland Renaissance Festival that I'll give to you belatedly: :D
Doom and gloom and utter despair,
People dying everywhere,
Happy birthday, huh! Happy birthday, huh!
All the candles on your cake
Are burning cities in your wake,
When you are the age you are
Your demise cannot be far,

Happy belated birthday, dude :)
[SIZE= 8pt](Apologies to the The Pyrates Royale)
[/SIZE]

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Happy birthday to one of the really intelligent and articulate movie fans on the Forum, Seth. :)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Happy birthday to another Hoosier! I had also thought this was a new thread 'til I actually started reading the posts.
I remember when I was 34. I also remember peaking at 35 so please revel in these good times. :D
Jim

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well, since we are talking I won't start another thread for the proposal story. But since people like to BS about such things here is how I got her.
As I said, when I was 30 she nailed me with a surprise party. We walked into the restaraunt to meet a college buddy of mine for a 3 person dinner. Actually it was 4 people because I had already invited a work buddy of mine to join us. HE WAS ALREADY GOING but what did I know. He played it off totally. Me inviting people to my own surprise party that I didn't know was happening.
So we walked in and I saw my friend (R for this story). I see her talking to some work buddies and I say "Hey, look who's here too. And R is talking to them, how does she know them??" I literally did not catch on till about when they had me sit down.
That's what I had to top.
So for her 30th I had to do a series of decoys. First I get her the new S.Crowe CD and a card, leave em in the car with the CD on when she put the key in.
Then I send flowers to work and say "Get home by 6 so we can get dressed up for dinner." I had to do this because she had been working late. This not only would affect the reservations for dinner (7 pm) but also wouldn't be so great if she was home when the guests for the surprise party showed up at the house (7:15).
I bought a cake and had them put "Will You Marry Me" on it. They added some rings and other nice touches. On that cake I put those stand-up number candles so they would be obvious as someone carried a cake in to the table. I took the cake to the restaurant and gave them the instructions to bring it and 2 glasses of champagne out right after dinner, without even asking us about dessert.
The plan was that she would see the candles and assume it to be a b-day cake, thus catching her off guard.
Of course I had been getting the ring together in the weeks leading up to this, but it didn't get done till the last few days, so I was a wreck on that. :)
Anyway, I take her to a NICE restaurant (Dunaway's). We dropped about $250 for 2 of us to give you an idea and that's only 1 bottle of wine and 1 drink. So I figure that she might just buy the dinner as the big 30th gift with maybe one other small surprise. All part of the decoy.
So everything is rolling along, we get there a few minutes early and have appetizers by 7. Now I freak because I don't want to be done too soon. We can't get home till 8:30 to give everyone time to get there and setup. So I give out a cover story to make any attitude I might start to show seem real..."Hey, we're spending big money here, we aren't going to let them rush us out of here". :) She went with it.
Well dinner slowed it way down...too far down. Now I also need to have a reason to need to get home by 8:30ish, rather than go for a romantic walk or sitting around the restaurant drinking wine till 9:30. So lie #2. A pilot buddy of mine had been calling me with help on the ring and she thought it was strange. So I told her that the other surprise of the night was that I had charted a small plane thanks to him and he was going to fly us (I figure for about $500 or so this could happen, so it was believable enough thanks to him being a pilot). I told her he was going to fly us up to Chicago and back.
Well that made her push away the drinks so she wouldn't get sick on the plane. Then she freaked a little about flying at night and small plane crashes. "Can he fly at night?" was a typical question. :) Of course I wanted to say "It's a big lie, chill out."
So dinner is done and I see the bartender looking to see what's up. She is sitting where she can't see him. I give him a quick little "Sup" type nod and he heads to the kitchen to get things going. I check to see if she saw this and she didn't.
BUT...10 seconds after this she says "I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I was so freaked I couldn't contain it. I let a terrible GAK face come over me for a second and she noticed. "What is it" "Oh, nothing, nevermind, I was just thinking of something else."
She told me later that she figured I had cake coming, so it actually played right to my plan. Off she went.
Now I look at the doorway watching the race (the bathroom was the same direction as the kitchen from our table). Who would come first, the waitress with the cake or Sarah? Back and forth, back and forth. I hoped she would beat them back maybe.
Then I see the waitress come out to the table in the room next to ours. "Is that the cake?" I thought. She could be setting it up over there to bring in here or she could just be serving her table in that room. But then the champagne came out. I had to make a move.
I jumped up and ran over to them "SHE WENT TO THE BATHROOM, YOU GOTTA GET THIS OUTTA HERE!" We all freaked and they went into abort mode, scrambling everything out of there. I swear if she had come around the corner and seen this fiasco with me right in the middle of it...:D
So I sit back down, still no Sarah. Then a helper server brings the champagne to our table. GAK again. Quickly I come up with a cover story..."I ordered champagne and strawberries for dessert while you were gone".
Still she has not returned. The waitress comes out and sees the champagne. "This is not right" and she grabs the glasses and goes before I can even get half of "Yeah, but it's okay I have a cover story and..."
Now we are back to okay. I decide to pull the ring box out of my jacket pocket. The big box gets stuck and I frantically start yanking. "Oh crap" I'm thinking. I get it out and push my pocket back. I put it in my lap and squeeze my legs on it to keep it from falling.
Finally she comes walking back with a huge grin on. "Oh no, did she see, does she know?" I had to find out so I gave my best cool "What's all the smiling about?" Turns out she was just remembering a family dinner we had there last year. Whew.
Now the cake comes correctly and she is cheesing. I watch her face closely at this point and it was excellent, perfect reaction to my plan. First she has the "I'm getting birthday cake" as they bring it in and set it down. Then her face goes to a confused look as she realizes that the cake says something other than "Happy Birthday". You can see her reading it basically. Then comes the sudden shock and she cries for at least 4 minutes.
I bring out the ring and grab her hand and properly ask her. She doesn't even acknowledge my existence or the ring. She is freaking out, just bawling. :) Finally I take the ring out myself and slide it on her finger. That gets her to actually look down and realize "Hey, a ring comes with this." It was the exact ring type she'd been pining for for years...so 5 more minutes of crying.
After all this another table bought us some after dinner drinks even. Really great night.
But now it's 8:45 and I have to go to the "bathroom" to call our place and tell them "a few more minutes". We didn't even have time to enjoy the drinks. "We have to get to the airport by 9:45 and if we don't get home and change now we will be too late."
She is now wanting to call everyone to tell them but of course most of them know (she asks me who knows) because they are at our house waiting. She even calls a couple who aren't home cause they are at our place. We walk in to the dark house while she is talking to her brother and again I could see her just stop talking when she saw the shadows of the hanging decorations. A huge "SURPRISE" just like in a movie and I had got her again thanks to the misdirection of the proposal.
So long story short, I KICKED HER ASS on 30th b-day suprises. "I'm #1, I'm #1". :D Oh, and I won't be blowing a proposal that good with a 2001 showing. :laugh: ;)
Now Dazed and Confused, Princess Bride, or So I Married an Axe Murderer might work. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks